music for deaf people

karkus30

Banned
Just bought this album by queens of the stone age, never listened to them before. Sort of Metallica meets Nirvana ( that will be Mr Grohl ) mixed with songs from seventies groups like, Sweet and Garry Glitter. Very strange, not very original , but I quite like it.

Anyone else heard it, its got a DVD with it.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
There's a Queens track on MTV2 at the moment, live, called No-body Knows. Dave Grohl is a drumming God. I think He may be rhythm incarnate. I quite like it too, but I agree you have to have partially damaged hearing to enjoy it properly
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Gambit
Dave Grohl is a drumming God. I think He may be rhythm incarnate.

I agree he is good, but, listening to this album, couldnt help feeling he did not quite fit in. Perfect in Nirvana, he just seemed to Gel, didnt really notice him in the Foos.

But there is a track on the Queens album, think its about 3 or 4 ( not sure as its sat outside in the car at the moment and I am not inclined to run outside and check ) where he starts drumming and there is a bit of an answer reply thing going on, then a sublime piece of solo drumming before the track starts, probably some of the best drumming I have ever heard.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
On the no-body knows one, he's suberbly on time and it gets rather comlicated but he still keeps it on. He wasn't the drummer in the Foo's, a guy called Tyler (maybe Hawkins?) is.
 

perrdl

Standard Member
QOTSA are fantastic. Why has everybody started to listen to them now that Dave Grohl did a tour and recorded an album with them???

Oh well.........."Kelli Scott" of Blinker The Star and Spookey Ruben fame is the new drummer, I hope people still like them now that Dave's touring with the Foo's again!!!

"Songs for the Deaf" is a great album, and so are the other two, people should check out Rated R as well, this album is pure genius!!!
 

karkus30

Banned
Been listening to this in the car for a few days. Got to say Im beginning to think its great..........I keep going back for another listen.....there are so many influences here. They even do a cameo of death metal ( think its a bit of a **** take).
 
G

Gambit

Guest
Just to drag this one back up, the Vidoe for No-one Knows is on MTV2 now, it's good but the song is totaly rockin. Is is on this albus Karkus?
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Gambit
Just to drag this one back up, the Vidoe for No-one Knows is on MTV2 now, it's good but the song is totaly rockin. Is is on this albus Karkus?

Yes, No one knows is on the album, there is also a DVD but as yet I havent played it, it has real no1 written on it. I will let you know next time I stick the PJ on.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
Originally posted by karkus30


Yes, No one knows is on the album, there is also a DVD but as yet I havent played it, it has real no1 written on it. I will let you know next time I stick the PJ on.

Oh how I envy you. I'll take you up on that one. No going back now. Unless you're worried it will form a relationship with your DVD player like it did with your car CD player...:eek:
 

skimber

Standard Member
"Welcome To Sky Valley" (sometimes referred to as just "Kyuss") and "...and the circus leaves town" are probably the best.

There is also "Muchas Gracias - the best of" but this is actually more of a rarities collection for fans than a "best of"
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by skimber
"Welcome To Sky Valley" (sometimes referred to as just "Kyuss") and "...and the circus leaves town" are probably the best.

There is also "Muchas Gracias - the best of" but this is actually more of a rarities collection for fans than a "best of"

Isa gonnan bought sky valley, listened to at home, now upgraded to car duties. This is an honourable spot for any album as I spend 4-8 hrs a day in my car and whoabetide anything that gets boring.
So its past the first test and will be ripped apart in detail.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
just thought I'd bring this one back up. Bought Song for the Deaf, it's as good a Karkus promised (but I can't help putting no-one knows on repeart so am having trouble finishing it, it's such a great track). Hopefully a bit of this rock attitude will be reflected in the new Foo's album and we'll have the genius of the colour and the shape again.
 
G

gwbailey

Guest
Originally posted by Gambit
On the no-body knows one, he's suberbly on time and it gets rather comlicated but he still keeps it on. He wasn't the drummer in the Foo's, a guy called Tyler (maybe Hawkins?) is.


Right and wrong Gambit,

Dave sometimes plays Drums live with the FF in a dual with Tayler and as you can guess there's only one winner there!

Also, Dave played drums on the first Two albums, FF and TCATS but not(as far as I know)on TINLTL he also played Bass as well as Guitars and Drums on FF.

I believe he was due to write stuff for Nirvana,maybe sing and play Guitar as well but I don't think Kurt was too keen on the idea.

I reckon he would have left Nirvana before Kurt called it a day anyway as he's got too much to offer, other than just play drums.

Nice to see some FF and Queens fans on the forum BTW.. ;)
 
G

gwbailey

Guest
Originally posted by karkus30
Just bought this album by queens of the stone age, never listened to them before. Sort of Metallica meets Nirvana ( that will be Mr Grohl ) mixed with songs from seventies groups like, Sweet and Garry Glitter. Very strange, not very original , but I quite like it.

Anyone else heard it, its got a DVD with it.

Funny that, as I happen to think that Josh Homme is VERY talted and original!;)

Not many of him around in todays Crap music Bizz I can tell you!!:D

Roll on 23/10/02

Regards,
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Gambit
(but I can't help putting no-one knows on repeart so am having trouble finishing it, it's such a great track).

Sneak up on your cd player as though your going to do something else and quickly press the eject button.

This advice can be ignored if the QOTSA album has already taken over your system, then more sneaky tatics are required :eek:

I cant post the exact details on this forum, as it may anticipate what you will do.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
Help Help it's done it, it ate my other CD's and even soome DVD's, just to show them who's boss, it know what I'm doing I can only leave a quick message... too late, it's coming
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Gambit
Help Help it's done it, it ate my other CD's and even soome DVD's, just to show them who's boss, it know what I'm doing I can only leave a quick message... too late, it's coming

Not even time to scream, poor Gambit.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
This is the CD. Gambit will no longer be posting here, we will.
Too late, good buddies... bwa ha ha ha ha
 

CodeThief

Active Member
Originally posted by karkus30
I agree he is good, but, listening to this album, couldnt help feeling he did not quite fit in. Perfect in Nirvana, he just seemed to Gel, didnt really notice him in the Foos.

But there is a track on the Queens album, think its about 3 or 4 ( not sure as its sat outside in the car at the moment and I am not inclined to run outside and check ) where he starts drumming and there is a bit of an answer reply thing going on, then a sublime piece of solo drumming before the track starts, probably some of the best drumming I have ever heard.

Yeah it's track 4. Im an ex-drummer and I can really appreciate this track, fooking awesome!

Dave
 

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung launches Odyssey Neo G9 mini LED gaming monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG adds to TONE Free earphone lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW UK for August 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky Q sports coverage gets live HDR
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 21st July 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom