1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music DVD's look poor on Z2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dean randle, Dec 27, 2003.

1. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    After watching several movie clips/films on my new Z2 (via laptop vga/dvi) I popped in a couple of live concert dvd's (Madonna Drowned World etc) and the quality is not a patch in comparison. I understand that the difference is due to video rather than film being used in the recording process. But just wondered what would be the best method to improve on the image? I currently have WinDVD, PowerDVD, but use Zoomplayer as it seems to improve the movie dvd's image. So any suggestions?? I have considered Theatretek, but when the shopping basket hits the $60 dollars mark, I question how it could improve the image on a laptop and bottle out!

All replies gratefully received,

Dean.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    maybe its just awful and the size is why it looks ok on the lappy. I assume since you mentioned it, you have tried the variousvideo/film modes on your players?

ad

3. jomppa

jomppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I bought a Z2 a week or so ago and just plugged it in a day ago.
    Well the difference from the Z1 (I tested 6 months ago) was amazing.

For your info. I bought a Toshiba SD-330E (Amazon £79) with Component output. Bought a 10m component lead from tvcables.co.uk (£12) and the picture for DVDs is astounding !

Where did you get your DVI- cable from?

I have yet to either buy a DVI card or get a VGA to DVI cable from my PC, but with DVDs it is a very clear picture so can't help with your pic problem, but with a normal DVD player (not PC) it is very good. You can't see the pixels where I am sitting even as i just plugged and played (no distance from seat to wall set up yet).

I have found one problem - one DVD (Kevin & Perry go Large) didn't play properly. Cleaned it and just the same - produces an intermittent blue screen (ie. no apparent input to Z2) picture, although it plays perfectly to a normal TV.

4. jomppa

jomppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    .. my Music DVDs look perfect on it too .. ELO - Zoom, Van Halen, Eagles - Hell Freezes Over , Bon Jovi - The Crush Tour amongst others.

Which DVDs don't play (or look) OK from your PC player?