They definitely are getting harder to get. Fortunately for me, I got the vast majority of mine when they were released or shortly after in Sales. I've probably got rid of half of the total I did have as I replaced some with Blu Ray versions, where available, and traded some unwanted ones in to Music Magpie. I do like my music, especially live concerts. :)
I just Love Live Concerts , Just Bought Cold Play live 2012 and Jimmy Hendricks DVDs
More to indulge in for New Year Party.

I just can't Stomach Opera , kind of like a Dinosaur stuck in a Tar Pit.
As for musicals mostly NOT eg The Greatest Show man , Rocket Man , Sound of Music , These only
get on my Nerves kinda like scratching your nails over a Black Board.
If I was to see these at a Garage sale , I would walk on.
But we live in a World where everyone has different Tastes , But they can Keep them.

Yep. Some Opera is certainly as you describe, and I too would pass on it - particularly the heavy German stuff!.

The lighter stuff, like Verdi, I find pretty relaxing and quite beautiful. Mozart too - you'll have heard/seen the scene in The Shawshank Redemption where Andy plays a song from The Marriage Of Figaro! Don't know that anyone would describe that as a 'Dinosaur stuck in a Tar Pit'!

And of course, without Opera (or classical music in general) modern music would have nothing to 'borrow' from for their own inspiration!

But yes, we are all different - I can't stand Garage, Drill, or pretty much anything that comes from some riced up Fiesta sitting at traffic lights, thumping away with their 12" mini subs destroying their hearing! :D

Give me an eighties rock/metal band any day over that! We were spoilt for choice back then!:smashin:

Phil Collins Live in Berlin for me. Why, because I was there and it is the complete concert and every time I watch it all my fond memories of when I lived in Berlin and the barmy summer evening concerts at the Waldebuhne come flooding back which to this day is the most magical outdoor music venue I have ever been to.

Yep. Some Opera is certainly as you describe, and I too would pass on it - particularly the heavy German stuff!.

The lighter stuff, like Verdi, I find pretty relaxing and quite beautiful. Mozart too - you'll have heard/seen the scene in The Shawshank Redemption where Andy plays a song from The Marriage Of Figaro! Don't know that anyone would describe that as a 'Dinosaur stuck in a Tar Pit'!

And of course, without Opera (or classical music in general) modern music would have nothing to 'borrow' from for their own inspiration!

But yes, we are all different - I can't stand Garage, Drill, or pretty much anything that comes from some riced up Fiesta sitting at traffic lights, thumping away with their 12" mini subs destroying their hearing! :D

Give me an eighties rock/metal band any day over that! We were spoilt for choice back then!:smashin:
I said Opera not Classical , I love a Lot of Classical about one Third of my CDs are.
Just remember most movies have some sort of Music in them.
My Music Spans a lot around the Sixty's but starts way before that 30s right through until now.
I do not like Head Banging Rubbish some idiot screaming incoherent Trash.
What ever happened to Rhythm and good old Lyrics from a happy time we all remember.
I have the Classics Beethoven , Brahms , Tchaikovsky, Holst , Mozart ect.
Then I have Mantovani , this sort of Music you can read to as it is Relaxing .
As well I have Clubbing Dance Music , Led Zeppelin , Pink Floyd all sorts to list here.

Last edited:
I said Opera not Classical , I love a Lot of Classical about one Third of my CDs are.
Just remember most movies have some sort of Music in them.
My Music Spans a lot around the Sixty's but starts way before that 30s right through until now.
I do not like Head Banging Rubbish some idiot screaming incoherent Trash.
What ever happened to Rhythm and good old Lyrics from a happy time we all remember.
I have the Classics Beethoven , Brahms , Tchaikovsky, Holst , Mozart ect.
Then I have Mantovani , this sort of Music you can read to as it is Relaxing .
As well I have Clubbing Dance Music , Led Zeppelin , Pink Floyd all sorts to list here.

I think then, our musical tastes aren’t that dissimilar (opera excepted! :D ) - I can‘t claim to know much about 30’s music, but I enjoy 60’s onwards with most of the well known names somewhere in my collection, and a handful of lesser known too. Club Dance not so much, but Chillout certainly.

As you said earlier it’s good to have different tastes; certainly, I’ve heard stuff that others have been into that I wouldn’t have discovered by myself, and added albums to my collection that way. The car I bought last year has a music system in it that allows you to rip CD’s to its own hard drive - so I’ve inherited the previous owners‘ complete CD collection! There’s stuff in there that I skip every time, but there also plenty there that I’m really enjoying despite not originally being a fan!

I do like my Elvis "Thats the way it is "even went to see it at the cinema just after the cinema's opened :clap:this year ,then there's "Aloha from Hawaii" :smashin: a bit of Garry Moore ,Fleetwood Mac ,then "The Commitments"

Released this week -“Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac”.

I listened to this live performance on Qobuz and the recording quality is superb!

I then picked up the box set on Amazon for just £15.30! That’s 2 CD’s (24 tracks) and a 3rd disc - Blu-ray of the whole concert in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 and TrueHD ((Atmos) 7.1. Even comes with a decent booklet and extensive liner notes!

Superb value and highly recommended 👍🏼

Released this week -“Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac”.

I listened to this live performance on Qobuz and the recording quality is superb!

I then picked up the box set on Amazon for just £15.30! That’s 2 CD’s (24 tracks) and a 3rd disc - Blu-ray of the whole concert in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 and TrueHD ((Atmos) 7.1. Even comes with a decent booklet and extensive liner notes!

It is a fantastic package.

I recently got another fantastic bargain.
3CDs and 2 Blu-Ray of a fantastic gig.
Dream Theater Distant Memories.

Amazon product ASIN B08JLXYLBR

@Timmy C Thanks for posting that AC/DC video. I have to admit I got quite emotional watching it! Music! Crowds! Enjoyment! And a whole lotta Rosie!

@Timmy C Thanks for posting that AC/DC video. I have to admit I got quite emotional watching it! Music! Crowds! Enjoyment! And a whole lotta Rosie!
The blu ray is well worth getting hold of if you cant's stream it from anywhere. I just rewatched the clip and started wondering if there will ever be a time when we see crowds that big and tightly packed having so much fun, seemingly without a care in the world.

Have you got a link to that. I can't find it.

Edit.

OK found it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom