music dvd to show off system

K

kevhans

as stated what music dvd's are you peeps using to show off your systems,both sonically and visually,just got Alison Krauss very stimulating sonically but visually leaves you a bit flat.

kev

juniper

Robbie Williams Live at Knebworth is both visually and sonically stunning. The close up shots in She's The One must have been shot with HD cameras, as they are incredible.

Live 8 also excellent (the UK daytime ones in particular as far as visuals go, and especially those of Coldplay, REM and Keane. The DTS soundtrack is very good too.

Eagles HFO and Live From Melbourne both good for visuals and exceptional for audio, DTS again.

Manic Street Preachers compilation DVD stunning audio, OK visuals.

All IMHO of course:) .

bluesilver

neil finn - seven worlds collide - live dvd

stunning sound - a mixed set between accoustic and electric and it is brilliant.

Kenny Glasgow

Various - The Concert for George
Various - The Concert for Bangla Desh
Diana Krall - Live from Paris
Led Zeppelin - Legendary Performances
Rolling Stones - Four Flicks
John Fogerty - Premonition
John Fogerty - Long Road Home
Peter Gabriel - Growing up Live
Peter Gabriel - Still Growing up
David Gilmour - Live in Concert
The Who - Royal Albert Hall
Kraftwerk - Minimum Maximum
Rush - R30
James Taylor - Live From The Beacon
Cream - Reunion

etc etc etc

reevesy

Distinguished Member
i'll agree with kenny on the who at the royal albert hall...
also paul weller at the same venue.
moby - hotel live.
later with jools is always worth a punt though some takes look better than others.
also the whos kids are alright dvd some a bit ropey due to age etc but a few live tracks and the studio takes look fantastic..like they were filmed recently........plus the 'moon cam' is a gem :thumbsup:

K

kevhans

thnx for replies all,
wow! what a variation,i think i'd better get the credit card dusted off or get downloading !
keep them coming please,

cheers

kev

cabstar

Hmm

Surprised no one has mentioned Doves From where we are calling, stunning gig from The Eden project in Cornwall, ace 5.1 mix & sounds very natural.

Aha live at the Vanhall is also stunning in 5.1 I bought this for the wife but use it as a test disc all the time as there is a lot of detail in the sound.

regards

Gary

cabstar

Ahh forgot one of the finest music dvds of all time, Trex Born to Boogie live from Wembley arena, this is in DTS ES 6.1 & has been lovingly restored from masters found in Ringo Starrs garage, the restoration footage is interesting in itself.

You would think whilst watching it it was filmed just yesterday & not 30 years ago.

This is what DVD was made for, just buy it now:clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00080JD4G/ref=pd_sbs_w_h__3/202-9569855-7999862?ie=UTF8

regards

Gary

Leaat23

Novice Member
Pink Floyd - Pulse, ok it does not have a DTS soundtrack but the 5.1 is stunning and the visuals have yet to be bettered, even though this concert was back in 1994 and is in 4:3 format.

Pink Floyd - The Wall, its not a music DVD as such, but does have The Wall soundtrack running through it, also has some great camera work and is well produced.

Peter Gabriel - Growing Up, great concert with a brilliant DTS soundtrack.

Motorhead - Stagefright all out motorhead with great sound quality.

Alice Cooper - Brutally Live Alice at his best.

Roger Waters - In The Flesh

Metallica - Cunning Stunts Great concert with good sound and picture, multi angle on some tracks

MarkE19

Meat Loaf - Live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.
Although only obviously a SD DVD the PQ is so good I think it must have been filmed in HD and then very well mastered.
It has both a DD & DTS soundtrack, but IMO the DD track is a fair bit better than the DTS one - and IMO the DTS soundtrack is nearly always the better of the two on music DVD's.

Mark.

FeisalK

Novice Member
no video to speak of (except the eyes) but the 5.1 DD/DTS audio mix on Jean Michel Jarre's AERO CD/DVD is a great show off piece.

Dankeech

FeisalK said:
no video to speak of (except the eyes) but the 5.1 DD/DTS audio mix on Jean Michel Jarre's AERO CD/DVD is a great show off piece.
Beautiful disc disc. Friend has a copy. Weird with the eyse on the visuals. How'd she not blink - CGI? Doesn't seem looped video etc.

Audio is stunning though. I'll have to get a copy very soon.

Dan.

A music DVD which never seems to get mentioned and yet documents one of the greatest live shows ever produced (regardless of what you think of their music) is Performance by Pet Shop Boys. Excellent visuals, a 1992 stereo mix, 2004 stereo mix, DD5.1, DTS and some great music ensures (for me) a perfect live DVD.

klr10

Novice Member
Soul Comes Home STAX DVD Isaac Hayes, Al Green, etc, etc. Filmed at the STAX museum theatre in Memphis.

Fantastic - Isaac Hayes conducting theme from Shaft - superb!

mega_stream

Standard Member
Jean Michel Jarre, Aero in DTS is pretty special.

The eyes and moled face visual isn't that stunning though, but it's a good impact in a darkened room at high volume.

reingam

Novice Member
The best audio mix on a music DVD is Jarre in China by a mile - comes in thx certified DTS and DD - absolutely amazing sound engineering and unbelievable use of all channels

K

kevhans

thnx everyone,
A good choice there,some great variations,keep them coming please.

kev

wingnut1

Standard Member
Yes i agree with reingam, fantastic recording. Another to add is Faithless live at alexandra palace, DD and DTS this is a must have!

wingnut1

Standard Member
Forgot to add another, Portishead - Live At The Roseland Theatre NYC, another must have.

JohnD76

Novice Member
My personal favourites:

Hell freezes over by the Eagles.
S&M by Metallica
Live At The Roseland Theatre NYC by Portishead
MirrorBall by Sarah McLachlan

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Latest News

Has Amazon Prime Video dropped Dolby Atmos?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display next generation OLEDs showcased at SID 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 2nd August 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom