1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Downloads - Problems with Squeeze Box

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by norderney, Jan 7, 2005.

1. norderney

norderney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have a Squeeze Box from Slim Devices which allows me to play MP3 files from my PC via my Hi-Fi. I have used EAC/Lame encoder to create the VBR MP3 files.

I have tried downloading some music tracks from HMV and GWR's Hear It, Buy It, Burn It. The track downloaded from HMV is encoded using WMA v 9.00 (OD2) but my Squeeze Box does not "see" this track.

I downloaded a track from GWR's Hear It, Buy It, Burn It which was encoded using WMA V 7.00 (OD2), the Squeeze Box can "see" this track but when selected it is just silent. I can play both these tracks ok on my PC using MusicMatch.

Is there a way of converting WMA to MP3?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I don't know if the Squeezebox supports secured formats. I don't think it does actually. Not many home media players do. Drop Slim a line. They may have updates.

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably to do with the fact that the tracks are DRM encoded ie, protected. I have no experience on other legal music download stores, but one way round this using tracks from the iTunes Music Store (and I expect all other stores are the same) is to burn a cd using the tracks then import them as unprotected tracks. Long-winded but it works.