Music does sound better at night?

musicphil

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does playing music sound better at night, you know early evening sort of between 7 and 10.
Dont get me wrong my music does sound good throughout the day, but just sounds a bit better at night.
Maybe i am more relaxed in this time zone?
Its not something new either, i remember way back to the early 80's with my Linn set up , music always did so sound better on an evening.
Does your music sound better a certain time of day?

I would agree with you.. Of course it is all psychological,the days work is done, the internal pressure to do some else or productive is gone. Its like watching TV at night,rather than daytime TV., No guilt

I'm no audiophile but, yes you might be more relaxed but won't there be less background noise at that time?

I think you are right that it does sound better at night , but like someone else has said, your more relaxed at night.

I have never noticed I listen to music mostly in the day my pioneer sc-lx73 seems to sound the same all the time unless I change its settings.

Alcohol helps :D

Sonically, music sounds the same no matter what time of day it is. Aurally, yes, it can sound different. Atmosphere plays a huge part in how you perceive and relate to music.

I definitely find music sounds better at some times of day than others, but the problem is it's not consistent. Sometimes it sounds better in the morning and nicely relaxing, but by late afternoon it can sound fatiguing. Other days it sounds better in the evenings. I think it's entirely psychological, based on my mood, stress levels, what else I've been doing and thinking about...

According to SWMBO my music sound the same all the time, “bleedin’ awful”! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom