Music Cast (Yamaha)

Big Simon

Hi,

I recently purchased a Yamaha CD-NT670D unit and very pleased with it. I also really enjoy the Music Cast app which is easy to navigate and installed on my IOS Phone.

The question I have relates to the ability to run Music Cast for the same piece of equipment on a separate (Android) device but also have the functionality to control the secondary device from my iPhone?

Ok, so i buy an Android Tablet and install Music cast app on it. Is there any easy, non complicated way to have the Music Cast app on the tablet take its 'instruction' from the IOS device to effectively 'mirror' the instruction given from the iPhone?

The Android tablet with Music Cast installed is effectively only being used go display the digital artwork which firstly displays on my iphone once i access USB files etc on the Yamaha unit.

Effectively just a master - slave relationship is the goal.

Can i do this through the app or do i have to go down the road of installing an emulator etc?

Appreciate any guidance on how to achieve this and how easy same is?

Best

Simon.

andybebbs

I think you will find that what ever options you save on the app from which ever devise you use will be mirrored on the other.

robotron

Yes, you can show the "now playing" screen on one device whilst controlling it with another.

The artwork will update in real time on the slave (tablet) whilst the master (phone) acts as the remote control and selects tracks, pauses/plays, changes volume etc.

All you need to do is run musiccast on both devices.
On the tablet you'll need to press the bottom left icon that takes you to the now playing screen. That's it.

You don't need any other software. The emulator you're referring to is based on a comment I made in your other thread where I didn't have an android tablet to hand so used an emulator to turn my PC into one so I could test it out. You can safely ignore this.

Big Simon

Yes, you can show the "now playing" screen on one device whilst controlling it with another.

The artwork will update in real time on the slave (tablet) whilst the master (phone) acts as the remote control and selects tracks, pauses/plays, changes volume etc.

All you need to do is run musiccast on both devices.
On the tablet you'll need to press the bottom left icon that takes you to the now playing screen. That's it.

You don't need any other software. The emulator you're referring to is based on a comment I made in your other thread where I didn't have an android tablet to hand so used an emulator to turn my PC into one so I could test it out. You can safely ignore this.
Thank you, this has been really helpful. Simon.

Helix Hifi

Is the Spotify app very slow on this streamer? The Spotify app on my Node2i is dreadfully slow.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom