• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Music amp

A[L]C

Hi all,

Im looking for an app which will act as a remote for a music player on my pc. I would like to have a playlist on the pc, and use my phone to skip tracks. Even better would be for the playlist to show on the phone and allow me to search through it (there will be around 3000 songs in my playlist).

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks
A[L]C

edit: title should be app not amp

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I've heard GMote being recommended before although not tried it myself.

You install a small server application on your PC and the app itself on your phone

A[L]C

Lazik just crashed when displaying the playlist (over 3k tracks - not sure if thats why?). Ended up using awinampremote.

Not bad.

BiffBoy

How about something like inteliremote ($24 but well worth it) along with the free android app to control over your network. This can be set up to send commands to any music or in fact any program on your PC.

Support is A1 on this app (not connected to the company just a very happy user over the last few years). I use it to control MediaPortal and my PC with my Harmony Remote but just installed the released-today Android app and it's great.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom