1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music 3000 PS2-PC Connectivity Queries

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Slothrox, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Slothrox

Slothrox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to anyone who can help me!

I'm currently writing music on Music 3000 for the PS2 and I have recently got hold of a USB sampler. I'm desperate to get my tracks into MP3 format and burn them to CD.

I've a couple of questions.

1. How do i connect my Slimline PS2 to my PC in order to save my music and videos onto the computer ready to burn to CD? Would an optic lead do it? Which software is best for doing this?

2. How on earth do you use the USB sampler for sampling your own music? Which lead do i need? Can this be done from PC or CD player?

2. An-D

An-D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The easiest way would be to get a cable for your PS2 with individual audio / video components and connect the audio output to the line in of your soundcard.

For recording you will need an audio editor such as soundforge or audacity.

Soundforge is bells and whistles and comes with a £500 price tag

Audacity is pretty basic, but it is free.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

As for the USB sampler, I'll have to pass. I only ever really used Music / Music 2000.

Have you considered switching to composing stuff using your PC? The software synths you can get these days make music 3000 seem like a bomtempi organ in comparison.