1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muse...............anyone bought it yet ?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Sep 23, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Anybody bought the new album yet, been heralded as a classic.......................hmmm not till its been reviewed on this Forum methinks.................and a good slagging off from the Darkness hating Adox ;) :hiya:

Strokes is out too I think ??

2. Marwhite

Marwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it yesterday, heard it a couple of times, sounds pretty good, typical Muse and probably a grower. Well worth a listen.

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    It's okay, but I'm starting to tire of the same old formula to their music. I must be going off them as his signing (or should that be squealing) is starting to get on my nerves.

4. Marwhite

Marwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do actually quite like his voice, but thought it was awful on the first track Apocalypse Please. Made me want to turn it off. The rest of the album is good though.

5. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Does he still take a deep breath after every sentence?

6. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not yet mate, ’Room On Fire’ is released in the UK on October 20 on Rough Trade. Venues for UK tour released today though, tickets on sale this Friday (2 nights Alexandra Palace, one Cardiff, one Glasgow). Don't buy tickets for the London gigs, I want them all for my birthday bash :laugh:

7. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Excellent - only 5 mins walk from my front door :smashin:

8. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aftershow party round yours then?! :clap: :clap: :clap:

9. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187

Sounds good. Best get some lemonade in.

10. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Better get a multipack in mate, I've just sorted out 16 tickets for the Friday night. Check out the XFM website if you want a pre-sales link to buy tickets before they're released to the world and his wife at 9am Friday 26th Sept.

Karkus30, apologies, I've ransacked your Muse thread and used it for my own personal gain (party round at tomson's), please feel free to trash the next thread I start :D

11. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I am, quite literally, peeling the cellophane of my Muse album as I type. I shall report back.

12. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I dont mind, but I cant find a link on the XFM site.............heeeelpp!

13. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Oh yeah and the albums good, but its Muse, you like or you hate them, much like Radiohead really. Im not doing a review cos its a Ronseal thing......................and you already know which side of the Fence your on.

14. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to this page and there should be links to gigsandtours, one link for the AllyPally gigs, one for Glasgow, and one for Cardiff.

Back on the Muse thing, just noticed they are in session on Zoe Ball's show on XFM today (4pm-7pm). I think you can listen over the web or on one of the Sky channels if you're not in London. BUT you will have to put up with Zoe's sycophantic tones :suicide:

15. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well the Muse album sounds like Muse to me....this is in contrary to a lot of feedback which has been along the lines of "Well I don't like Muse...but I love this"....or..."this is a departure for them"...etc...etc...

Diving in again...

16. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think he sounds like thom yorke which isnt really a bad thing i suppose. I have Origins of Symmetry(spelt wrong I imagine) and think thats a great album. I agree with whoever it was who says they are a bit samey. I do think they sound like a lot of bands, radiohead, thin lizzy etc but then again they are probably there inspirations and they are called Muse after all.

17. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well I've listened to the album half a dozen times now and I reckon it's top drawer - excellent. Their best album to date, in my opinion. I'm not a big Muse fan and would have quite happily finished my Muse collection at the first two albums (which I liked without ever feeling passionate about them) but I picked this up on the strength of the great reviews from the public and music press alike.

Absolution is chock full of excellent songs which combine well to make a fantastic listening experience. As I said earlier, it sounds like Muse but, on repeated listenings, there's more to it - they've progressed (progressive ;) ) beyond their "sound" to give something a little different to their first 2 albums.

If you're a fan of Muse, a must. If not but still a fan of that genre of music, then you should give it a try. It might catch you by surprise.