Muscle Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Just watched this agree with the review and score for a change.

But the ending was a let down for me or did i miss something?

if someone asked you to take a van across the border you would look to see what you were delivering (considering he was a dodgy character), also walking out of a police station during giving a statement no way

Agree with
looking in the van, I'm surprised it took him that long to turn around. I guess he hadn't slept all night, and had largely passed off some of what he'd heard as drunken nonsense which fuelled what he assumed were paranoid feelings, but then was triggered when he heard about France (take this delivery to the docks would have been enough for most folks I suspect). Either way, he was a little too (possibly unbelievably) slow on the uptake.

The whole police sequence seemed very odd indeed, I halfway expected the interrogating officer to be from the same gym, he certainly looked like he had no neck.

Then again, to an outsider, it must have sounded absurd that he'd let a complete stranger into his house, paying rent, and giving him a job, and didn't even know his last name - particularly when he was himself in those very disturbing photos we never saw the content of. I'd have settled for a fake last name rather than "I never asked".

gadget man

Agree with
looking in the van, I'm surprised it took him that long to turn around. I guess he hadn't slept all night, and had largely passed off some of what he'd heard as drunken nonsense which fuelled what he assumed were paranoid feelings, but then was triggered when he heard about France (take this delivery to the docks would have been enough for most folks I suspect). Either way, he was a little too (possibly unbelievably) slow on the uptake.

The whole police sequence seemed very odd indeed, I halfway expected the interrogating officer to be from the same gym, he certainly looked like he had no neck.

Then again, to an outsider, it must have sounded absurd that he'd let a complete stranger into his house, paying rent, and giving him a job, and didn't even know his last name - particularly when he was himself in those very disturbing photos we never saw the content of. I'd have settled for a fake last name rather than "I never asked".

yea agree but still the best British movie seen in a very long time and like what you wrote a director to watch out for.

unique

gerard likes to keep endings so that the audience are guessing what's going on

he's a big film buff as is his brother matt who did the music, so he's done in BW in tribute to another movie. the audience premier was cancelled so i never got to talk to him about this one, but hyena is influenced partly by michael mann movies

their cousin peter has a small part in this movie but i believe was supposed to play a bigger role, presumably the lead role (i asked about it before the movie was made and he was originally going to direct another movie that he didn't in the end, and it turned into a dissapointing movie when it had a great story). he's the lead in hyena and tony, which is also worth a watch. if you like british cop movies then hyena is well worth a watch. has stephen graham and neil maskel in supporting roles, plus a few other folk you may recognise

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
gerard likes to keep endings so that the audience are guessing what's going on

he's a big film buff as is his brother matt who did the music, so he's done in BW in tribute to another movie. the audience premier was cancelled so i never got to talk to him about this one, but hyena is influenced partly by michael mann movies

their cousin peter has a small part in this movie but i believe was supposed to play a bigger role, presumably the lead role (i asked about it before the movie was made and he was originally going to direct another movie that he didn't in the end, and it turned into a dissapointing movie when it had a great story). he's the lead in hyena and tony, which is also worth a watch. if you like british cop movies then hyena is well worth a watch. has stephen graham and neil maskel in supporting roles, plus a few other folk you may recognise

And that was just the nudge I needed to hunt it down, thanks:

1612515747725.png

Included with Prime!

encaser

I never said but may be worth mentioning, the blu ray comes with about 2 hours of extras. You get about an hour with Fairbrass and co, 20 minutes with Gerard, a 13 minute bit with Cavan on his transformation and snippets of others talking about their character. They are divided up, with some interesting insights from them discussing what the experience was like onset, the director and producer.
There's also a music video with The The, featuring some of the party for you to have your own orgy a dance to.
Not bad, of late, to get so much more than typically the film and maybe trailer. But boy, it's odd for a minute, to see them in colour.
£9.99 with amazon, I thank,...you - why am I conjuring Ian Dury?

PlexShaw

I saw this via iTunes just before Christmas, when it had a brief theatrical/digital rental outing, and really liked it. Glad to see it getting some much deserved kudos both here on the site and via the podcast. Will definitely pick up the Blu-ray soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom