Murray beats Federer

Del Boy Smiffy

Im not kidding either, not the biggest tournament but Federer rarely loses.:eek:

scrapbook

Well done to Murray.

I think the difference between him and Henman long term will be the fact he dumped his long term coach alot earlier so with the help of Tim Gilbert he should really develope into a consistent top 5 player.:clap:

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Don't like the guy...would rather watch paint dry than listen to his unintelligible mumblings.

Steven

Senior Moderator
woodywizz said:
Don't like the guy...would rather watch paint dry than listen to his unintelligible mumblings.
I prefer he does all the talking on the court

Now his mother on the other hand....she is on TV so much because?.....

rio1981

Henman's too nice, Rusedski's too Canadian, Murray's too miserable - I thought we wanted a good British tennis player, not an off-court personality?! :rolleyes:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Murray doesn't consider himself British.

I'd like to see a good Englishman doing a job on court but then I switch off tennis more than I watch it.

rio1981

DJT75 said:
Murray doesn't consider himself British.QUOTE]

So?! Neither do I, yet I'll still support someone flying the British flag as many sports don't segregate into England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Murray seems to be turning into a quality player, and to be only the second player to beat Federer this year, and in straight sets no less, is not to be sniffed at.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
rio1981 said:
DJT75 said:
yet I'll still support someone flying the British flag as many sports don't segregate into England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
Yeah, same here. I support the British lions, the athletics teams etc but this guy isn't representing Great Britain, he's representing himself & himself as a Scotsman. He's categorically slated some parts of Great Britain.

Even the ATP has him down as "Scottish teenager"
http://www.atptennis.com/en/

I still don't like his attitude & couldn't give a monkeys if he won or lost. The sad thing is, all those St.Georges cross Wimbledon bunch will swap them for Union Jacks without realising his dislike for England & all things English.

kourosh

Distinguished Member
i remember when England started there world cup game against Paraguay,they asked him if he would be supporting england.....to which he said "no,i will be wearing my Paraguay top":eek:

i wonder what he would say if an english company offered him a multi milllion pond sponsership:rolleyes:

scrapbook

kourosh said:
i remember when England started there world cup game against Paraguay,they asked him if he would be supporting england.....to which he said "no,i will be wearing my Paraguay top":eek:
and there are millions English men that would have said something similar had it been Scotland V Paraguay.

...and you can hardly blame him reading some of the comments in the thread!

CFC1

Distinguished Member
scrapbook said:
and there are millions English men that would have said something similar had it been Scotland V Paraguay.
Not if they were professional sportsmen representing Britain!
What does he think the Davis Cup is all about?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
scrapbook said:

I support all home nations in everything bar the 6 nations for obvious reasons, but as a supposed role model to British kids in Great Britain, this guy is a disgrace.

scrapbook

CFC1 said:
Not if they were professional sportsmen representing Britain!
What does he think the Davis Cup is all about?
I didn't realise everyone was so patriotic on these forums!

I am sure we all support the english teams in teh champions league as well :)

Steven

Senior Moderator
kourosh said:

i wonder what he would say if an english company offered him a multi milllion pond sponsership:rolleyes:
That is a total utter lie :lesson:

Search for my response in a past thread in general chat

A Daily Mail journalist asked him tongue in cheek whether as a Scotsman he's watch the WC and England from home. Murray replied in kind

The bitter irony is that it was the Sunday Mail who reported this story first...twisting the words of their own sister paper? I never!

;)

P.S. I support England and am not Scottish ;)

kourosh

Distinguished Member
scrapbook said:

yes millions do................but how many pro sportsman/teams actually slag off there other home nations.
infact you hardly see them slagging off another country let alone there own people.

kourosh

Distinguished Member
scrapbook said:
I didn't realise everyone was so patriotic on these forums!

I am sure we all support the english teams in teh champions league as well :)

except, Arsenal ,Man Utd or Chealsea :D

scrapbook

kourosh said:
yes millions do................but how many pro sportsman/teams actually slag off there other home nations.
infact you hardly see them slagging off another country let alone there own people.
You obviously don't watch much Rugby Union ;)

And to quote Gordon Strachan when asked if James Beattie was good enough to play for England live on Sky Sports...."I don't care I am Scottish".

kourosh

Distinguished Member
scrapbook said:
You obviously don't watch much Rugby Union ;)

And to quote Gordon Strachan when asked if James Beattie was good enough to play for England live on Sky Sports...."I don't care I am Scottish".

i hate rugby:D
but to be fair if they asked me if beattie was good enough for england i would have given the same answear:D (even though im not)

but it is a shame why people cant support all the home nations:(

DJT75

Distinguished Member
scrapbook said:
for doing what exactly?
By having the gob to slag of a home nation on national TV & then having the nerve to represent Great Britain (alledgely). I couldn't stand the smug toff before that anyway so dunno why i'm bothering. I'm outta here

CFC1

Distinguished Member
DJT75 said:
....I couldn't stand the smug toff before
Is he a toff though? I think he's a bit rough myself! Now Henman...there's a real toff! :D

Murray reminds me of that Glyn from Big Brother, who ponces around in 1980's Wales shorts & shirts, whilst "extolling the virtues of the valleys" :eek: