Murder 1

STOWITBELOW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was discussing with a friend, a program shown I think BBC2 about 9:30pm Sundays? that was about a murder investigation from a law firms point of view The lead male was Daniel Benzali (?spelling) called 'Teddy', the alledged murderer called Richard Cross. The first series was all about this one case, the second some short stories about different cases & Benzali wasn't in it. Can anyone confirm the title, & tell me anything about possible repeats or DVD availability? It may not be as good as I remember, but I do recall it was a 'must see' program for me, & at the time enjoyed it tremendously. Thanks !

Your right there was a second series and Anthony LaPaglia took over the lead from Daniel Benzali. I thought the first one centerd round a woman being killed by a ambassadors son or something. But I remember Richard Cross. And it was a One rather than a 1 if you are looking it up i.e. Murder One.

And even though centring one murder case the was other court room cases were other courtroom cases in the first one.

The theme tune was mainly played on the piano I can recall it plain as day.

Could be wrong but I strongly think it is not avalable on DVD.

Cheers Garrett next question, anyone else enjoy it? & as per previous; Know how I could see it again? At least with the right name I may be able to find something out! The actor who played Richard Cross appears in lots of things (having seen him on this) - none of which I can recall at present. Tell a lie, I think he was in 'Bethoven or Homeward bound' or some such doggie movie as a baddie !

Quick Google search reveals a comprehensive site. Stanley Tucci was Richard Cross......... now to find a DVD !

You may remeber Stanley Tucci the bald headed assassin who keep altering appearance in The Pelican Brief? (put a pillow under his shirt to put wieght on).:D

I remember watching this when it aired here and enjoyed it :smashin: here is the imdb link

It was a top show. I'm suprised more of the 'film buffs' (i know it's not a film) haven't responded. Thanks for the name confirmation & link. Furter searches have confirmed - no vids or DVDs though
)-:

Hi,

Alas this excellent US drama show, from the mid-to-late 1990's did better over here in the UK, than in the USA!

"Murder One" Season 1 lasted 23 episodes, and I still have the final 3 parts on VHS tape, when BBC2 aired all three together, right in the middle of the OJ Simpson court trial! (Anyone remember that, then?!)

"Murder One" Season 2 was not as good. Rather than telling just one single story, followed three individual stories at the same time. The loss of Daniel Benzali, was difficult to take, and although Anthony LaPaglia's a great actor, he just couldn't quite pull-off the hard-nosed head-lawyer character like Daniel Benzali could.

Sadly, no DVD's or VHS releases ever came to fruition, either here or in the USA. And, as far as I know, it's unlikely too, unless someone can persuade Fox to do a UK-R2 release. It simply wouldn't sell enough units in the USA, I don't think.

As for re-showings, both Season 1 and 2, have only ever been shown once on BBC2. When BBC Choice first started transmitting, they did repeat Season 1, and eventually when Choice became BBC3, they aired Season 2 as well. Sadly, despite repeated requests, including several from myself, they simply don't own the rights any longer to air it. Ditto for Sky 1 who only aired Season 1 anyway, where it wasn't quite as popular, mainly because of lousy publicity and promotion!

I guess all you can do now, is keep visiting...

www.tvshowsondvd.com

... and hope that someone, somewhere does get Season 1 released at some point in the future. (I'm not so bothered about Season 2, but Season 1 would be awesome!)

Alas it doesn't look too good for now! According to this link the rights to the show appear to be in limbo!

If you would like to see the show released, may I suggest registering with TVShowsOnDVD, and then voting for the show to be released?

Alternatively, the series was distributed by Fox - you could always email them at:

[email protected]

and see if we could get an R1 or R2 release on DVD. There still seems to be a lot of interest in the show, and it was certainly a one-of-a-kind, genre-defining series!

Pooch

Originally posted by PoochJD
"Murder One" Season 1 lasted 23 episodes, and I still have the final 3 parts on VHS tape, when BBC2 aired all three together, right in the middle of the OJ Simpson court trial! (Anyone remember that, then?!)

After reading this thread and posting in it I started talking to my father about it and I started with " You remeber that program called murder one when the OJ trial was on" lol . I was telling him they made a second series and he said " yes we watched it" I can't remeber seeing the second series .

I would like to watch the series again now though :( .

I think OJ's trial added spice to the series! I watched both dramas unfold & was never quite clear which was stranger - Mark Fairman, The 'N' word the bloody glove, or Dicky Cross & Neil. The production of the OJ trial, the predictable if surreal result let it down. I always feel bad watching OJ deriving entertainment from the events, even after 2 horrible murders. Only in America !!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom