• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

mural wallpaper in AV/TV/Cinema Room?

stiscooby

Established Member
Currently in the process of finishing off converting my garage to be used as a TV type room.

This isn't going to be used as the main lounge room so we are thinking of doing something a little bit different in there and have come up with making the wall which will have the TV etc on it a feature type wall (it was a single garage so it will be the end wall, if that makes sense).

We have seen all sorts of styles - retro, graffiti, movies etc, (here’s one web site with lots to choose from - http://www.muralswallpaper.co.uk).

Some of the retro ones are quite nice as well as a few of the graffiti ones, although nothing too mad as I will keep losing the TV amongst the design :D Now then, what do you all think of this kind of idea, bit naff or go for it??

Does anyone on here have similar designs/walls and would like to show them off to give me some inspiration ;)

celluloidzombie

Standard Member
Hi there stiscooby , I've actually been researching the same idea for my cinema room which I will be starting in new year when I move into my new home. Altho I've been thinking of having the projector wall as my feature wall and my screen wall plain and dark so as not to detract from the projected image. There's some good stuff on e-bay , I found one I like. Its a pink/purple rusting cadillac with greyish rocky landscape in the background (£45 for 4m x 2.8m). My room will be mostly grey and black , so a little splash of colour will keep the missus happy. I've also seen some sites that will print what ever pic you want , any size for about £35/sq m. You'll just need to find a good hi-res image on t'net.

knight2000uk

Established Member
Looks quite cool even measured up my back wall for a knight rider shutterstock photo they had but at £280 for wallpaper to fit it I think i'll pass for now lol.
I'm sure it would look good though!

Stu

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom