Quantcast

Munich High End Show 2017 Report & Comments

raduv1

Distinguished Member
:eek: at that Ascendo sub , i see ( hopefully) ladies garments being blown off with that beast :D.

Steve Stifler

Well at last somebody has made Marty McFly's speaker. Would love to plug a guitar into it!!

Cathode

Apologies if I'm wrong but I think that the new KEF series is the Q series. I certainly heard a demonstration of the Q950 which to my ears sounded fantastic.

I'm hoping that you got a picture of the Meridian/Dan D'Agostino/Sonus faber set up which must be about the best looking hi fi system I have ever seen?

raduv1

Distinguished Member

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Apologies if I'm wrong but I think that the new KEF series is the Q series. I certainly heard a demonstration of the Q950 which to my ears sounded fantastic.
Yes- now corrected

Thank you Ed, very nice article, clear and very well laid out.
Did you hear any of the naim new uniti range? Assuming naim was there ?
They were there but we've featured the Unitis at show reports before. They sound great- we're just waiting on production ones to review now!

Does anyone actually buy this high end stuff any more?
When I left the show yesterday- with two days left to run, Living Voice had sold between two and four pairs (the clientele is very discrete so it's hard to ascertain exactly) of the Palladian and bigger Olympian horns. So, yes.

KenM10759

In your description of the new KEF Q series, I may be confused but I thought I read that the new floorstanders (Q550, Q750, Q950) have a rear port. I know the new standmount/bookshelf Q150 and Q350 have moved the Uni-Q to the center of the front baffle and given it a rear port rather than front as the previous version, but the floorstanding ones seem to retain using their twin "Auxiliary Bass Resonator" a.k.a. passive radiators. New bass drivers now use a rubber roll surround, and something I heard about paper cone? Only one size centre speaker, no more dipole (or any) wall mount surrounds, no more dual binding posts with their "LinK" in place of jumpers, and only black or white matte finishes.

I hope all the money they took out is now in the improved sound.