MultizoneAv.com Gone Bust??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jonnyfonny, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jonnyfonny

jonnyfonny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey everyone,

Wasn't sure where would be the best place to post this, so figured "General Chat" would be a good starting point!

Anyway, I don't want to appear scare-mongering in case my facts aren't 100%, but after spending the whole day trying to get in touch with the company (via phone and email) I am convinced MultizoneAv.com have ceased trading.

My suspicions were aroused yesterday when I tried accessing the website, but it was showing as unavailable. Today was no different, although after trying on an hourly basis you do now at least get a website (if you can call it that), simply saying "MultizoneAV" in black text on a white background.

I began to get worried as I'd ordered a TV from them (the LG 47LM620T if anyone's interested) on Saturday, and they were quick to take payment from my credit card. I thought the price was too good to be true (639.88 with discount code).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I discovered MultizoneAV.com appears to be an online subsidiary of Home Cinema Store. Having found that out Homecinemastore.com told me the rest :(

Just wanted to let people know that, if my research is, as i suspect correct (and I would be grateful to be proved otherwise!), then people with outstanding orders might want to ready themselves for a call to their credit card companies (which I've already done).

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Jon.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    I ordered an amp from MultizoneAV.com last April. Just checked my email account and I've still got the confirmation emails from them which have their contact details and telephone number. If you need them let me know.

For what it's worth the service from them was absolutely fine, but I only used them the once.

3. jonnyfonny

jonnyfonny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you for the offer. I do have my confirmation email for the TV, along with contact number etc. I tried phoning earlier today, but nobody ever answered.

I did a bit of research before placing my order. 90% of peoples experiences with MultizoneAV.com were positive so I had no issues ordering from them.

It is annoying that a company knowingly (if it is the case here) continues trading when the administrators are being called in, leaving some customers (especially those who've paid via debit card - thankfully not me) massively out of pocket when their goods don't arrive.

My credit card company are going to phone me back next week to see if either:
    a) My TV has turned up; or
    b) I've received a letter form the administrators.

Either way, apart from inconvenience I shouldn't lose out.

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Yeah, you'll be fine. It's a bit of a pain but the credit card company will refund you if they have gone under.

Like I said, I was impressed with the service I got and would have used them again. They certainly weren't scammers or anything as I believe they have been in business for a while.