Multizone Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Raffles, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to upgrade a Toshiba SD220E from Region 2 to Multiregion.

The cheapest seem to be "switch-it-on.co.uk" at £47,inc vat,insurance and collection/delivery,door to door. Has anyone out there used their services - any observations would be appreciated. Or has anyone used another upgrade supplier at a reasonable cost - again any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What! - has no one upgraded from Region 2 to Multiregion lately??? C`mon guys - any advice gratefully received!!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Solderless DIY Upgrade from dvdchips.co.uk is slightly cheaper and you do it at home !!

4. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds a fascinating solution - £50 for the "tool" - £10 back when you return it!! Attach the "tool" and switch power on & off to activate!

Do you know how it works "whynotchipit", whats involved - what happens if it fails? Have you any further info on this uprade method? any info will be gratefully received!

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it works by reprogramming the player to all region ( by accessing the I2C bus if that means anything to you ) there is no reason for it not to work but if this is a worry then ask dvdchips about this.

6. toffeelover

toffeelover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Which one did you go for, Raffles ?

I've got a Tosh SD110E in need of an upgrade, and I don't know where to go ! :confused:

7. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toffeelover - havent got round to it yet - I`m a bit strapped for cash having just bought a new T.V & DVD player(Toshiba 42W29B & SD220ED - both exellent performers IMHO)and will have to wait until September now!

Not too keen on the D.I.Y option and will probably send my DVD to"Switch in on" or possibly "Tridek Ltd".You could also try "Mailuk.com"

Still cursing myself for not having bought a multiregion player in the first place as there is little difference in the purchase price - but there we are - we live and learn!!

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers.

8. santanu2000

santanu2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0