Multiscreen

shoeman64

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there a way of stopping the sign "Multiscreen" from appearing on tv screen.When recording a programme it is on the recording and I find it annoying.
I can press backup button on remote when watching live tv and it disappears.

It would help to know what equipment you are using and how each is interconnected.
Also please state make and model of TV satellite receiver and recorder or PVR.

It would help to know what equipment you are using and how each is interconnected.
Also please state make and model of TV satellite receiver and recorder or PVR.

LG TV and Sky programmes. Its the Multiscreen message that comes up in right hand corner where you press red button if required. Does not matter what is connected to tv. Hope this helps.

So this should be in the Sky or Sky HD sub-forums, right?
I've never tried recording from a Red Button channel and didn't know that it left that message.

I have a feeling this has come up some time ago, when someone asked if it was possible to record red button programmes.

I believe the normal Sky planner can't cope with this, but you can if you leave the Sky box selected to it and use a seperate PVR.

However, the PVR records what's on the screen, so you can't get rid of menu messages, etc.

Thanks T G - I was thinking that it wasn't possible to record on the Sky machine from Red Button channels, but maybe that's something else OP hasn't told us, that he's recording to something else.

When I record a program the message "Multiscreen" appears on recording because it comes up on screen.

What is your recording box or device ?
(make and model) and how does it receive its signal ?

Yes, we still don't know how you're doing it.
If you ARE using an external recording machine and as you "press backup button on remote when watching live tv and it disappears" it should not appear on the recording either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom