1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiroom

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Techtronic, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Techtronic

Techtronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ve currently got sky digital in my living room with the full family world package. I would like to get sky plus in a different room far from the minidish (i.e. another dish would be required) and be able to watch a different channel to the current digibox. Would I be able to use sky multiroom and simply pay £10 a month? Or would I have to pay a completely separate subscription fee and installation cost?
    Andy
    :lease:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    As long as the two digiboxes are connected to the same phone line and are registered at the same address then a multiroom setup is fine.
    You may need planning permission for two dishes but good quality cable can mean that a dish can be quite a ways from the receiver and not have any signifucant signal loss. You may have to pay for extra cable IF it's deemed not to be a standard install.

If you think the installation might be a problem then have a chat with a local independent (authorised) SKY supplier/installer, you will probably get better service and they can still match the SKY prices (allowing for online only discounts). Even if they are not in a position to match the price SKY would charge it's still maybe worth paying a little extra to make sure you get exactly what you want and when you want it.