Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Multiroom

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Techtronic, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Techtronic

Techtronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ve currently got sky digital in my living room with the full family world package. I would like to get sky plus in a different room far from the minidish (i.e. another dish would be required) and be able to watch a different channel to the current digibox. Would I be able to use sky multiroom and simply pay £10 a month? Or would I have to pay a completely separate subscription fee and installation cost?
    Andy
    :lease:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    As long as the two digiboxes are connected to the same phone line and are registered at the same address then a multiroom setup is fine.
    You may need planning permission for two dishes but good quality cable can mean that a dish can be quite a ways from the receiver and not have any signifucant signal loss. You may have to pay for extra cable IF it's deemed not to be a standard install.

If you think the installation might be a problem then have a chat with a local independent (authorised) SKY supplier/installer, you will probably get better service and they can still match the SKY prices (allowing for online only discounts). Even if they are not in a position to match the price SKY would charge it's still maybe worth paying a little extra to make sure you get exactly what you want and when you want it.