Multiroom

willsie01

Standard Member
Hi
I would like to install multiroom freesat HD tv, with individual room channel selection, on a DIY basis.
Where will I find reliable kit?

I would also like to drop my Virgin subscription as it is proving expensive considering the only thing we really use it for is football. This of course leaves the problem of finding an alternative supplier. This choice seems very limited. SKy packages mostly have the same disadvantages for me that Virgin does.
I have heard of European companies whereby I can buy an annual service using a dish, receiver and decoder card. Are these cost effective solutions for football fans?

And could I use the same kit for the conventional freesat channels that I would like for the multiroom setup?
Regards
JW

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
You basically need a freesat box in each room. Or a stack of Freesat boxes centrally routed to the sources. When I do these for clients I install a Quattro LNB and Quattro switch (note: not quad head). The switch then takes in also the Freeview aerial and gives you 16/24/32 or whatever outputs. Each output is a single Sky feed and an aerial feed which you diplex at the TV end to get a sat and an aerial output. Obviously two runs to any TVs with PVRs. The hardware is basically about £200 inc dish for a 16-way system. I would normally have 2 or 3 Sky HD boxes (4 or 6 feeds) that leaves another 10 points around the house.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom