Multiroom via Sky

Telemaid

Standard Member
I am thinking of upgrading to multiroom. I have Sky+HD and receive HD on the main tele in the lounge. As my hubby is a sports fanatic I'd like to watch a different Sky chanel or view from the planner on another tele and let him watch Sky sports in peace on his big 52" while I dutifully retreat to the bed room to view the mini one. :p ( This one by the way has a magic eye, so I could really annoy him by changing channels if I wanted to ) Wouldn't be so cruel though :laugh

At present all the teles in the house (5) receive Sky as my son ran the cables for this. My worry is, if I decide to have the multiroom box would the Sky engineer disable the links I've got to the other Teles? Or would the link still come from the main Sky box and the multiroom box wouldn't affect it.

Regards Telemaid

logiciel

if I decide to have the multiroom box would the Sky engineer disable the links I've got to the other Teles?
They don't employ engineers for this sort of thing and the installer wouldn't even know about the links to the other TVs.
All he has to do is fix a couple of cables from the dish to your room and wire them to the new receiver - then all you have to do is pay Sky another £10 a month, :thumbsup:

Telemaid

Standard Member
Well worth a tenner to save all the hassle when the footie is on :clap:

Thanks for the replies. Most helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

Another £10+ will get you your HD channels on multiroom as well - and will make you a favoured customer of Sky!

Jaycee Dove

Novice Member
To be clear that is an extra £20 pm if you want your HD channels in the second room as the multiroom sub does not include them even if you pay the top rate Sky World sub.

It is something a few of us long term Sky HD subscribers regard as particularly mean. :)

logiciel

And to be even clearer it's the HD channels that your main subscription gets you, in addition to the free ones.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom