Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Multiroom query

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by bryhain84, Jun 24, 2004.

1. bryhain84

bryhain84
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my video sender recently stopped working (though remote control still works oddly) and I've decided that it didn't really provide a good enough picture anyway, so I'm going to use wires instead.

Someone kindly pointed me to these forums and I've been reading them for the last couple of weeks to get an idea of how to do a decent job. Some great info here but I'm still a bit unsure if what I have in mind will work so any advice will be very welcome.

The plan is to buy a projector (again lots of info here to help me choose wisely), get a DVD with progressive scan, upgrade my analog cable tv to digital (yes, I should have done this ages ago but when I ordered it they didn't bother turning up and I cut off my nose to spite my face). I'll run wires to my pc room and bedroom to share the dvd and cable. I may also run a feed from my pc back to my main room but I'm not so bothered about that.

I'm pretty cool with most of this but the main question I have is how to share the DVD and cable signal? I've got a DTS amp (Marantz sr4200) and was hoping to use this to output the signal but I'm not sure if that's practicable or even possible without having to leave it on all the time (can it do this on standby?) or if I need to use one output from the DVD and cable to the amp and have another fed to the other two rooms. If the latter do I need to run wires from each device or can I share the same wires?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    A lot depends on the quality you need, look at Channel Plus gear and also Extron Distribution.

3. bryhain84

bryhain84
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay cheers, a bit more research required :)