multiroom options and opinions.

doggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

At the moment downstairs I have a Yamaha as300 with a teufel connect. I have plugged a hard drive into the teufel full of flac files.

The teufel is handy because it has chromecast built in.

Downstairs I also have a Sony tv and sound bar with chromecast built in.

Upstairs I have a Yamaha crx 470d with a CCA in aux2.

I also have a Xiaomi mi box s plugged into my tv via hdmi with chromecast built in. The sound then leaves the tv via a cheap dac and plugs into aux1 on the 470.

In short I can have the same music playing upstairs and downstairs if I use chromecast on spotify, that's easy.

What I want to do is play music from the HD with flac files throughout the house.

As far as I can work out I have 2 real options. Buy a musiccast device for downstairs or buy a second teufel for upstairs.

Does that make sense? have I missed anything out?

Thanks all.

If you have somewhere to run it (could be a PC, NAS or a Raspberry Pi) then you could install Logitech Media Server for free as a centralised music server and stream from it to each (or more) of your CCA devices using the LMS web interface or a compatible app.

You'll also want to enable the Material Skin, Chromecast Bridge plugin and Spotify for Squeezebox plugins under the settings->plugins screen once you have it up and running. You can easily test it out first on a PC before moving it onto a dedicated device that is running 24/7.

Another option if all your devices are CCA's is to install Plex centrally as a music server (or a NAS or cheap SBC) and then using the PlexAmp app to send music to each (or more) of your CCA devices.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom