Multiroom Newbie Query

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Homer85, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Homer85

Homer85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.
    A mate of mine has moved house and given me his old Sky digital box. I was considering using it to install Multiroom into the kids room. Can i split the signal coming into the house and run a cable to the room or do i have to run from the dish (Seeing as this is on the roof, i would like to avoid doing this if possible)

Thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Each digibox needs an independent feed from the LNB, so if you currently have a single LNB it needs replacing with a Quad LNB (some twin LNB's can cause problems) and then a new cable needs to be laid.

It is possible to split the single existing LNB cable BUT each digibox sends current to the LNB to switch polarity/band which allows you to access ALL the channels. With two boxes trying to operate one LNB you are just asking for trouble not to mention even if it doesn't burn out the second box will only have access to the few channels that match the specs the first digibox has sent to the LNB, just not practical:)

3. surfnlurk

surfnlurk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Homer85, I think your problem could be solved with a Quad LNB available from Satcure, Digiboxshop etc. These can take Sky+ and 2 ordinary Sky boxes or up to 4 ordinary Sky boxes. These are standard kit supplied with Sky+ and are designed for use in multi-room setups like yours. Unfortunately it means a visit to the roof. :thumbsdow

Can I have your spare box if you fall off ? :thumbsup:

Whilst we are at it, does any one know if PremPlus comes through on the multiroom deal. Would be nice to be able to watch it in bed.

Cheers.