Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Multiroom explained??

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Les E, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Can anyone tell me how Sky Multiroom works with regards to cabling from the boxes?

I am thinking of having Sky+ in my movie room and the already existing digibox in the living room. Can I control the Sky+ options from my second digibox and how do the two boxes connect (via which inputs?)

Cheers! :clap:

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi Les,

You get two cables from the LNB to the Sky+ box and then a single cable from the LNB to the second, ordinary, digibox. Both boxes MUST be connected to the smae phone line.

The two boxes are not connected together and operate independently of each other. You cannot control the Sky+ options from the second digibox.

You can run RF cables from either of the boxes to other TV's in the house,

HTH

John

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for that, it was kinda what I had in mind but wanted to throw it out there to see what the options were.

I have just had a new quad LNB fitted to the dish to give distribution options when I get to the install.

I am a bit concerned with connection to the same phone line at the mo though.

I am having issues with the line currently as we recently had broadband fitted and it is playing havoc with the phone quality and not 'always-on' with the broadband. The sky line is hard wired in with a phone extension too so I would hate to think what another input will do!! :(

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Do you have the Sky box connected via a microfilter - if not, it might explain the problems you are having with broadband.

John

5. VKL

VKL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI Guys,

If i do my own upgrade from sky normal to sky + which i dont see as a problem, could i use my old sky box as a freeview box on one of the separate outputs on the lnb?