multiroom digital audio

S

stevejukes

I have seen lots of options for distributing whole house av systems. But they all seem to lack one major thing.

How can I distribute a digital DTS/Dolby signal from one common source (eg. dvd) into multiple rooms to utilise 5.1 or 7.1 channels in each room/zone.

All the options I have looked into only allow for stereo audio to be distributed around zones.

At present I only need two 5.1/7.1 zones, can the NAD 753 receiver, which has multi zone capability, distribute a digital signal to the second zone independantly of the first zones output or can it only distribute analogue stereo to the second zone?

However later on I may add another 5.1 zone. What would be a capable system?

Kind Regards

Steve

The new Denon AVC1VX does multi room 5.1 but it does cost a frightening £4000 :eek:

I have flood wired our house with CT125 for sky satellite signals. One day, just out of interest, I tried knocking up 2 phono-f-connector patch leads and tried throwing Dolby Digital through it from the DVD player downstairs to my amp upstairs. Worked excellently! Impossible to tell it wasnt in the same room. The signal was going from the lounge to loft, through a patch panel, and then back down again so it was a fair old distance. Maybe this would be of some help to you??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom