1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiroom digital audio

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by stevejukes, Feb 3, 2005.

1. stevejukes

stevejukes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen lots of options for distributing whole house av systems. But they all seem to lack one major thing.

How can I distribute a digital DTS/Dolby signal from one common source (eg. dvd) into multiple rooms to utilise 5.1 or 7.1 channels in each room/zone.

All the options I have looked into only allow for stereo audio to be distributed around zones.

At present I only need two 5.1/7.1 zones, can the NAD 753 receiver, which has multi zone capability, distribute a digital signal to the second zone independantly of the first zones output or can it only distribute analogue stereo to the second zone?

However later on I may add another 5.1 zone. What would be a capable system?

Kind Regards

Steve

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    distributing 5.1 is very expensive unless you have a very short length to run the feeds.....could be done over 6 channel analogue easier.....what do you want? full central distribution?

3. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    The new Denon AVC1VX does multi room 5.1 but it does cost a frightening £4000 :eek:

4. MitsiTurbo

MitsiTurbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I have flood wired our house with CT125 for sky satellite signals. One day, just out of interest, I tried knocking up 2 phono-f-connector patch leads and tried throwing Dolby Digital through it from the DVD player downstairs to my amp upstairs. Worked excellently! Impossible to tell it wasnt in the same room. The signal was going from the lounge to loft, through a patch panel, and then back down again so it was a fair old distance. Maybe this would be of some help to you??