• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

multiroom digital audio

S

stevejukes

I have seen lots of options for distributing whole house av systems. But they all seem to lack one major thing.

How can I distribute a digital DTS/Dolby signal from one common source (eg. dvd) into multiple rooms to utilise 5.1 or 7.1 channels in each room/zone.

All the options I have looked into only allow for stereo audio to be distributed around zones.

At present I only need two 5.1/7.1 zones, can the NAD 753 receiver, which has multi zone capability, distribute a digital signal to the second zone independantly of the first zones output or can it only distribute analogue stereo to the second zone?

However later on I may add another 5.1 zone. What would be a capable system?

Kind Regards

Steve

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
distributing 5.1 is very expensive unless you have a very short length to run the feeds.....could be done over 6 channel analogue easier.....what do you want? full central distribution?

MitsiTurbo

Established Member
I have flood wired our house with CT125 for sky satellite signals. One day, just out of interest, I tried knocking up 2 phono-f-connector patch leads and tried throwing Dolby Digital through it from the DVD player downstairs to my amp upstairs. Worked excellently! Impossible to tell it wasnt in the same room. The signal was going from the lounge to loft, through a patch panel, and then back down again so it was a fair old distance. Maybe this would be of some help to you??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom