Multiroom audio/home theater build advice

Hi,

new to the forum as I thought this is literally the only place where I can get an answer to my needs. Have lost many nights sleep because of this and can't take it no more :) I know which passive speakers I will use for my system, but need advice on amplifiers/receivers and how to make streaming content as easy as possible.

I'm building a new house and my wishes are as follows:

UPSTAIRS
  • 3 zones (living room (TV), kitchen and balcony)
  • switch on TV and the sound comes on from the speakers without the use of a separate remote (living room)
  • if wanted, all speakers (also which are used mainly for TV) can be used to play music
  • music can be played on balcony as living room is used for TV
  • receiver/amplifier can be hidden in daily use
  • if possible, no need to switch anything on, just choose where to play music at any time

DOWNSTAIRS
  • at least 2 zones, preferably 3
  • same music can be played on all zones (upstairs and downstairs) at the same time
  • different music can be played on zones upstairs/downstairs
  • receiver/amplifier can be hidden in daily use
  • if possible, no need to switch anything on, just choose where to play music at any time

I'm now using soundbar which comes on when TV is switched on and can be used from TV remote. Chromecast behind the TV for streaming video/music. I do like the fact that I can just go to Spotify/Netflix app and choose living room or bedroom straight from there without any external app. This would be nice for the new system as well as everyone have those app and can access my Chromecast without the need of an external app.

Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom