Multiroom activated then main box fsiled

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by neilybealy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Had multitoom installed in the dining room but no viewing card arrived beforehand in the post. The viewing card arrived today in the post so i activated the card using instructions on sky's website. it was left a while and i could then view subscription channels but i couldnt record or pause. i called into sky help and spoke to a helpful bloke who resolved the problem. or so i thought!

an hour or so later in the main room i noticed my main viewing card had reverted to non hd channels and i couldn't pause, record or watch recorded programs. i called sky help again and went through various troubleshooting routines. half hour later and i still can't pause, record or watch recorded programs. i am now told the resolution is to do a sky reset which will erase all my recordings. i asked why this would resolve the problem and i was told the hard drive was corrupt! i fail to see if the hard drive is corrupt a reset isn't going to fix a corrupt disk is it? seems strange that when 1 card was activated the main card suddenly caused the hard drive to fail. i really don't want to have to reset the box erasing the drive and my months or recordings.

2. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    What message comes up when you try to record? This is VITAL as you may not need to performa full reset.

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    Fire a strong complaint right away on the form at MySky.
    Tell them to fix it immediately and to compensate you for the hassle, and for the nonsense they've been telling you.

4. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Live pause is not available call your broadcaster. Same as sky+ not available when I try to either record or play a recording from planner

Already emailed the executive support team saying how ****** off I am and mrs s wants sky to be removed (she wasnt that happy when I said I was getting multitoom installed and now we potentially have lost over a year of saved recordings she is fuming)

5. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    What's probably happened is that the Sky + subs have been removed from your previous viewing card for some reason.

6. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Yeah I asked the offshore bloke to double check as he was just going through the troubleshooting procedures and I told him I'm not erasing my disk as I didn't believe the disk was corrupted

7. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    You won't lose any recordings - just don't do anything to the machine.
    It IS all about the card and Sky messing things up.

8. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Let's hope so :)

9. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I called the sky technical help team again and managed to get through to a UK person. I explained the issue and within 3 mins he found the sky + service hadn't been enabled on both cards which meant as soon as the 2nd card was paired it swapped over the sky + functionality

Problem solved. My advice to anyone that calls and doesn't get a UK based person is hang up and redial :)

10. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    ;):clap: