1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MULTIREGION?????????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mongo, Jul 20, 2001.

1. mongo

mongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HOW DO I MULTY REGIOEN A DVD PLAYER WITH MY PC CAN YOU GET A TOOL OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM ALSO I CAN GET THE REMOTE HACKS OF THE WEB

IT IS WHEN I BUY A DVD PLAYER AND THEY SAY THEY CAN DO IT IN THE SHOP BUT WITH OUT THE REMOTE?????

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    Depends entirely on the player. Some are multi-region out of the box; some can be hacked with the remote. I've never heard of any that can be hacked using a PC or downloaded software - except PC DVD-ROM drives, of course. Others need to have their firmware chip replaced with a region-friendly one.

Also - some chips and hacks have problems with certain specially-coded R1 discs - look through this forum for "RCE" to see what I mean.

Make sure that your player is RCE compatible. Or go buy a different one.

By the way, if your question refers to Pioneer (as your other post might suggest) - they have to be "chipped". You can buy them ready-chipped from places like Sevenoaks HiFi. Expect to pay around £50 more for a chipped one than an unchipped one, depending on where you buy. And it's £50 well spent.

This is probably what they mean by "we can do it in the shop". Make sure they give you a written guarantee, because their modification will invalidate the manufacturer's warranty. Sevenoaks have an insurance-based 2-year guarantee (cost is included in the price you pay) and their "chip" is RCE-compatible. I speak from experience.

Oh, and don't SHOUT!!!!!