Multiregion?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kasparaitis, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I buy a Toshiba RDXS32 OR Panny E85 thats not multiregion then does that mean it will not play copied disks?

Normally when you copy a disk you can make the disk multiregion and so will a multiregion disk work on these recorders?

Thanks.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will be able to play any copied disc as long as the copying software is set to remove MR.

3. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so its only worth getting multiregion if you want to play retail foreign disks.

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.But as it adds very little to the cost its a good idea to get one MR.You will find it very annoying when you see your favourite movie or series out on R1 or R4 years before it comes out here-if it ever does

5. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    If you have a CC and are prepared to arder from net companies abroad, you'll save yourself a fortune buying discs from all regions. I bought my brother an x-files box set from Australia that was £30, (+£10 del), compared to £75 from Play.com, (£90 in the shops!). South Park sets from Canada for £18 del. compared to £50 from Play. Even dvd's are often £5 cheaper, and usually 4 months before it's UK release. I almost never buy uk dvd's anymore. ;) :)

www.dvdsoon.com R1
    www.cd-wow.com R1-4
    www.dvdcrave.com R4
    www.dvdboxoffice.com R1

All good sites to use. Also, good for games. Especially box and soon. :)