Multiregion Upscaling DVD?

R

Riverman1

Hi,

I need to get a new DVD player, must be able to play multiregion DVDs, and be good at upscaling SD dvds, also have HDMI out, I already have PS3 so the player will only be for SD DVDs, any ideas or advice?

Thanks!

Ron240

Please dont take this as a personal attack on you Riverman....its not mean to be....its simply out of frustration more than anything else. :(

I(and im sure many others)really gotta laugh at all these posts..identical in almost every way even down to the subject titles,day after day..and all the information has been posted time and time again. :rotfl:

Its all there to be easily seen,but you do need to at least have a look. ;)

gblades

Novice Member
Practically every DVD player meets those requirements. If you can give a guideline on price then we may be able to suggest something. For playing your native region you will want to use the PS3 anyway as it has a very good upscaler.

jameshardy89

Standard Member
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a similar query.

I'm looking for a DVD player which upscales to atleast 1080i (not because of the upscaling ability itself, but more for the pure purpose of an HDMI connection, as that's the only thing my current DVD player lacks), is multiregion capable with/without a hack --as long as I don't have to pay 20 quid for a remote! lol--, and can output 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS by either optical/coax.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, pricerange up to around 70/80 quid, I suppose.

avekoder

Standard Member
Hi,

I need to get a new DVD player, must be able to play multiregion DVDs, and be good at upscaling SD dvds, also have HDMI out, I already have PS3 so the player will only be for SD DVDs, any ideas or advice?

Thanks!
I suggest the Denon DVD-3930.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom