Multiregion Sony DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DavidT, Mar 5, 2002.

1. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I have just bought a multiregion Sony DVP-NS400D from Hispek. When I got home there were no instructions on the MR upgrade. When I asked how to switch regions I was told that it was done automatically by the software and that I didn't need to do anything on the remote. I also asked about RCE compatibility and was told that whilst RCE disks should work success will vary from DVD to DVD.

My questions are;

Does this sound like a multiregion mod or a region free mod.

If it is multiregion then why would RCE compability vary from DVD to DVD.

Thanks

David

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,869
    if its auto switching region, then more than likely it won't do RCE, as this requires a machine with manual capability.

Due to the way RCE works, a player can only be "1 region", otherwise the nice world map comes up.

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't really say that as my Sony 725 techtronics mod is auto-select and that deals with RCE no problems.

I understand this is because they modify the player to make it think it is region 1 as default and it will then change when a R2 dvd is put in. Rather than the other way round.