1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiregion Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rszlp, Jul 16, 2004.

1. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Toshiba RDXS32 from Unbeatable and it is advertised as Multiregion, however, I can only get the machine to play R2 discs. I contacted unbeatable who told me to contact Toshiba, who told me there machine was R2 only. Has anyone else had this problem, or is there a code to be input that someone has omitted to tell me.

I am very enthusiastic about this machine but I do need multi-region playback.

:lease:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,986
    Toshiba won't sell this as multiregion. None of the big manufacturers do. Unbeatable are responsible; they have either modified the machine themselves, or have sourced it from a modifier - not from Tosh. Take it up with Unbeatable, and don't be fobbed off.

3. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks.

I have since been back to unbeatable who told me that it should have been modified but for some reason it wasn't. It is going to be returned and sorted. If RS had any stock I would have told unbeatable to keep their machine.

So far:

Tosh - great machine (with what little play I have had with it)
    Unbeatable - anything but

Watch this space.

4. adrianwright

adrianwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    rszlp,

I too have received the Tosh today from unbeatable.

Mine is supposed to be Multi Region, but refuses to play anything other than R2 disks. I am really peaved about this as there website is showing these as now out of stock....

What arrangement did they come to when you rang them with regards to returning the unit?

5. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Adrian,

I told them that I wasn't prepared to wait for the machines to come back into stock and that they are to enable my machine to play all discs and send it back to me. Consequently they are picking the machine up on Monday (the earliest they could collect), and, according to them it will be resolved on Tuesday and returned to me by the end of the week.

Having waited 3 weeks for the machine to arrive I was really p****d when it failed to play any of my R1 discs. For good measure I have also sent a letter of complaint.

Good luck.

6. bluesfan

bluesfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I asked Unbeatable why they didn't sell more multiregion dvd recorders they got very shirty with me. The lady talked garbage to the effect that they sell whatever they are given by the suppliers as if they have no control over it.

Previously, they have been a nice company to do business but my last little conversation got me quite annoyed as I explained I wanted to buy from them but not without multiregion.

The fact that you have both been sold a machine that is not multiregion is no surprise and it is possibly a warning to all to check multiregion machines with region 1 or other disks on arrival not six months later!

7. adrianwright

adrianwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Well,

Mine has just been collected by the City Link Man and is on its way back to Unbeatable.

What is alarming is the fact that he did not give my wife any paperwork to prove he had collected it :mad:

I have also emailed the MD of Unbeatable garyparker@csv.co.uk, and as yet have had no response :thumbsdow

8. jonjonjon

jonjonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mine was also collected today by City Link. No paper was handed to me, but I was made to sign some sort of collection form.

When I rang Unbeatable and told them of the problem, the women seemed very uninterested, but said it would be sorted out asap. I'm away for a week soon, so there's no real rush.

It would be nice if all the people who have the same problem keep this thread updated with any developments, especially when they receice their unit back.

I Know this is a big cock-up from Unbeatable, but mistakes happen, and they are rectifying the problem as best they can, so I'd still do business with them. (lets' hope I'm not proven wrong)

Jon

9. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    The trouble is I always feel that a mistake is okay as long as the company deals with it efficiently. Having some old bag getting shirty on the phone is not helpful. The problem with most of these companies is that they hire baboons to answer the phones and it's near impossible to get through to someone who knows what they are talking about. I have a growing list of companies like "unbeatable" that I will not use any more. It's all very well saving 50 quid on a DVD player but when you have to spend more than that in phone calls it's not worth it. By the time I received my TV from them it was out of date and I could have picked it up cheaper at Dixons!!

10. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Machine is back and it works.

Unbeatable collected the machine on Monday and I got it back from them today so I can't really complain about the speed in which they rectified the problem. It's a pity it didn't work first time though.

:)

11. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    II got my machine last week from unbeatable, but as yet I've no R1 disc's to try on it, is there any other way to tell. There was no sticker on mine saying multiregion but the box had been resealed, which may suggest it has been modified.