1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiregion hack for Denon DHT-550SD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by apauza, Nov 10, 2004.

1. apauza

apauza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have the firmware upgrade required for this? I was going to purchase a DHT500SD and was kindly sent the firmware for this by someone on this board, but I then changed my mind to buy the 550 instead. I probably should have coughed up the extra £80 and gone to AV land or,beter still Peter Tyson (it had just come in) and got it done by the shop, but went to Unbeatable (who are!) instead.

On Unbeatable - delivery was tricky as they will only deliver to the address on the card (home) while I usually get stuff delivered to work, AND they mention they can do timed delivery (by CityLink) but I never got the option to select this. By the time I rang up to see why I hadn't heard about the delivery (24 hours later) it was already in the local warehouse, ready to be delivered the next day (great - but I didn't want to hang around the house all day) - luckily, it arrived just after 9 (though City Link wouldn't tell me when it would arrive - it must have been on the van already). It also turns out that if you were to get a neighbour to sign, they wouldn't be able to either. I've bought quite a lot of stuff via internet and this is the first time I've had all this hassle.

Off home to play with it now.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,663
    Hi apauza :hiya: , dodgy first post ;) .
    Your gonna need to ask in the correct forum .Have a look to the top of the home page , DVD hacks is where you want to be ,
    all the best
    JS