Multiregion Bluray 3d player opinions

Skin26

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just set up my new 55 inch samsung f8000 3d tv
Looking to get a multi region 3d bluray player.
Have browsed multiregion magic etc at players but really dont know where to start.
Pioneer BDP-150 seems like a good deal and i used to have two cracking pioneer players when dvd forst came out?
Can anyone help me out with any opinions?
Thanks in advance

Also spotted this player on multiregion magic and it is under the £200 mark that I really want it pay.

Would also be interested to here peoples thoughts on it.

Also spotted this player on multiregion magic and it is under the £200 mark that I really want it pay.

Would also be interested to here peoples thoughts on it.

I bought the BDP-150 back in February on Amazon for just under £85, some places are selling it even cheaper now. I was mainly persuaded by the review on AVForums which I think is spot on:

Pioneer BDP-150-K 3D Blu-ray Player Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

Great little player for the money. Also if the player comes with firmware version 1.02 installed and your feeling adventurous, theres an alternative V4.02 firmware which enables multi-region for Bluray and DVD as long as you don't mind loosing Netflix. If the player has version 1.05 firmware, V4.02 can't be installed.

rob.

Last edited:
Hmmm. The region free firmware is in the wild and the player is a mere £74 at amazon. Might have to take a punt on one of these, hope I can get it with the 1.02FW though.

Let us know how you get on I would be interested in one of these.

Keep us updated Geoff. Might go for it myself if amazon send you a firmware compatible version.

I tried contacting one of the amazon sellers, nothing on the box showing firmware version, anyone knowing if they are selling the player with 1.05 or are they all 1.02???? Found a very useful thread on avsforum with the firmware though.

I tried contacting one of the amazon sellers, nothing on the box showing firmware version, anyone knowing if they are selling the player with 1.05 or are they all 1.02???? Found a very useful thread on avsforum with the firmware though.

This might help on your quest to find a player with the older firmware.

The V1.05 firmware was released on the 22nd of Nov 2012, I reckon any player with a manufactured date before Nov 2012 will have the older firmware.

I bought my player from Sevenoaks via Amazon and came with version 1.02 of the firmware. On the side of the box you'll find the manufacture date, mines is June 2012 (see pic). Ask the seller to check for the manufacture date on the box.

The AVSforum thread has a wealth of info and worth a read.

Hope this helps :)

rob.

Attachments

• bdp150box.jpg
    bdp150box.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 93
Checked with the seller, they were made Decemeber, I wonder if they updated the firmware though..... They are now £72 as well.

Tried another seller they had another one 74 pound delivered manufacture date Hume 2012, installed firmware now to buy some region a discs :)

Tried another seller they had another one 74 pound delivered manufacture date Hume 2012, installed firmware now to buy some region a discs :)

Looking forward to hear back from you mate, did it work ?

Can you point me to the same supplier for a 1.02 FW player ? and where can I get the alternative 4.02 FW update ?

Cheers,

Sam

I've been looking into this myself.

Which seller did you purchase it from?

He's not on there anymore think I had the last one from him.

Contacted caraudio security and peter tyson they were both later dates (december IIRC)

I didn't get one in the end, as the AVF review was great but I've been put off by the user comments elsewhere, I think I'll stick with my two player setup for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom