Multiple TV's of one Freesat receiver?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rsbent, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rsbent

rsbent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at rearranging my reception set up. I currently have 4 TV's using Freeview and I have one aerial feed into a distribution unit with 4 outlets and one "power Pass".If I have a Freesat HDR unit installed with a satellite in one room is it possible to feed that reception back to the distribution unit? If so can the channels be changed remotely using any of the TV's not directly linked to the HDR? Also without an HDMI connection will I lose the quality to the other sets?

Cheers

:confused:

2. ms98tjc

ms98tjc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to distribute an HD picture you will need to use hdmi cable and an HDMI splitter I believe. I don't think there is one device that does everything you want. If there is it will be expensive! The remote signal could be sent seperatly using an RF signal. ebyer.com have a couple of resonable priced HDMI splitters. Here is a link to one that may be suitable Plexus 4 Port HDMI Video Splitter (Connect 4 x HD Displays To A Single HD Source) - Ebuyer . Hope that helps.

3. rsbent

rsbent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks, most useful.

4. malsat

malsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    You can link the HDR pic into your system by using a modulator,then powermids for the IR remote.

5. rsbent

rsbent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds very interesting. would you be kind enough to expand a little as I am not familiar with modulators or powermids.

Thanks