Multiple Texts in a Group on a WM5 PDA?

General Skanky

Is there a program out there that will allow me to group together contacts which I can select and text en masse, without having to select individual contacts each time?

I text to groups of people a lot, and this will truely make my life easier. I mean, this function is available on the cheapest Nokia phones, so why not on a sophisticated WM5 pda?

I currently have a Mio A701.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I text to groups of people a lot, and this will truely make my life easier. I mean, this function is available on the cheapest Nokia phones, so why not on a sophisticated WM5 pda?
Because like a PC, Windows Mobile is a platform which allows the use plenty of good third party software. You don't get everything you need out of the box.

Nokia/Symbian phones also do allow you to install extra software, but they are aimed at far less technically minded people. Thus they provide most functionality out of the box and there is very little in the way of decent third party apps.

Essentially the difference is; WM5/6 Devices are PDA's first which some have the ability to make calls/texts bolted on. Nokia/Symbian are phones first and that have some limited PDA functionality.

You will find that you can have all the functionality of a Nokia, but in many cases you will need to add it yourself. Such is why Windows Mobile is a love it or hate kind of thing.

Take a look on http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php I am sure you will find what you need there. I think WM6 has this functionality built in though, as more and more WM devices have SIM (phone call) support. It might be worth checking to see if your device is upgradable to WM6.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom