Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Multiple Speaker Output

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tavish, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Tavish

Tavish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning a home theater around my PC and have a question regarding the speaker setup. I will have a 4.1 PC speaker system in one room, as well as a 4.1 home theater speaker setup in an adjacent room. Is there a way to wire these both through a receiver so that I can output to the PC speakers by themselves, or the HT speakers by themselves, or both at the same time (like when I want to play music throughout the whole condo)?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can wire two speakers for each channel in parallel (impedance = 8 Ohm or greater) or in series (impedance = 4-6 Ohm), but you won't be able to switch group A or group B independently - most (but not all!) amps support this for one pair of speakers only.

Maybe you can find some external switchbox for this purpose though, check out the hifi/electronic stores.