• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multiple sources

zero7

Established Member
I have purchased an Apple TV and hooked it up to my Onkyo AV amp and it's great, very impressed with the ease of set-up and can now stream music easily from my macbook.

It's connected to my Onkyo via the HDMI, my challenge is that I also want to connect it to a DAC (Probably a Rega) so that I can play out of my 2 channel system (the Onkyo is not connected to the 2 channel system).

If I connect the optical out to the DAC, switch off the AV Amp, can I stream from my Macbook and the music outputted to the DAC via the optical or will the dual connection confuse it.

zero7

Established Member
Well, connected to both my Onkyo via HDMI and Rega DAC via Optical and as soon as I selected the input on the DC and switched the Onkyo off the sound was presented pout of my Rega, alll good.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom