Multiple Sky RF2 Feeds, One System

chris.tarry85

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have two sky boxes and am trying to feed the RF2 outs from each of them in to the single uplink port of my Labgear loftbox. I have them tuned to different RF channels.

When I have just one of them pluged directly in to the loftbox the picture is fine. However when I use splitter such as this:
LABGEAR|FBS402|SPLITTER 2-WAY POWER PASS | CPC
to combine the two feeds before the loftbox the picture quality gets significantly worse.

This makes me think that the problem is the fact that I am trying to use what is effectivly a splitter as a combiner?

If so is there such a thing as an RF combiner which will allow me to do this without loosing picture quality?

Thanks,
Chris

As usual Maplin links don't work, but you can get that sort of thing at any local shop for about £1 so why not try one or more to see if they do the job for you better?

Try a sky Plus combiner I got mine from CPC in Preston they also sell online. It combines the RFout2 from my sky and skyhd boxes to an slx dist amp in the loft. works a treat.

Is it possible that the channels are clashing in their frequency?

In the past I have had to tinker with the RF frequency to the best picture when some settings were inteferred with by other channels?

So could this be the case?

As the OP stated in his original post:-

"I have them tuned to different RF channels"

Do you just want to be able to watch both via the distribution system, or do you want to control the remotely with magic eyes?

If you only want to watch them, then don't combine them, but cascade them. i.e RF out 2 from one sky box to RF on on the other, then RF out 2 on second sky box to distribution system.

I cascade a sky box, 2 other satellite receivers, a freeview PVR and a VCR into my distribution system.

Do you just want to be able to watch both via the distribution system, or do you want to control the remotely with magic eyes?

If you only want to watch them, then don't combine them, but cascade them. i.e RF out 2 from one sky box to RF on on the other, then RF out 2 on second sky box to distribution system.

I cascade a sky box, 2 other satellite receivers, a freeview PVR and a VCR into my distribution system.

Thanks for this - although the two boxes are in two different rooms so not practical.

Is there any difference in terms of construction of splitters and combiners? Wondering if the problem might actually be somewhere else.

Thanks,
Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom