Multiple Sky Boxes to Multiple Screens.

Paulhendo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Afternoon All! I have 3 separate Sky boxes that I want to combine and output to half a dozen separate TV’s. Is there a bespoke way to do this? Or is it just a case of combining RF outputs via an iO LINK and then using a loft top box (or something similar) to distribute to the TV's? Thanks in advance.

RF distribution is very low quality, mono audio only and a lot of modern TVs aren't necessarily that good at upscaling SD images which won't help.

All of my TVs do have analogue tuners but even a quick Google is unclear if that's still the case for all new TVs so you'd need to check all TVs can actually tune to an analogue signal,

Having said all that it's a cheap option, if you have some money to spend then I'd suggest using a Digital RF Modulator. This does a similar job in that it broadcasts the sky output as a TV channel, however it actually takes a high definition HDMI input and outputs as a Digital HDTV channel.

For example
Amazon product ASIN B07HRXHL6M
You'd need to check that all of your TVs support HD TV broadcasts and obviously it's a more expensive solution. You'd still need the same RF distribution and cables as you'd need for just using Analogue RF anyway, so you could try the first option and add the digital modulators if/when you find the quality unacceptable.

Assuming you don't need anything sky-specific then a matrix switch is the normal product for routing multiple video outputs to multiple displays.

Is your intention to have all the sky boxes located centrally ?

are they skyq plus mini boxes or sky Hd

what cables do you have in place or can you run ?
Options are many but prices are also

Is your intention to have all the sky boxes located centrally ?

are they skyq plus mini boxes or sky Hd

what cables do you have in place or can you run ?
Options are many but prices are also
The OP mentions “combining RF outputs” so that rules out them being Sky Q.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom