Multiple PS3s - One PSN Account

Yoggo

I know some of you guys have more than one PS3 at home, but I can't seem to find a definite answer to this one on the Forums...

I'm considering a second PS3 for my Study so I can use it when the missus is watching TV in the evenings. I want to keep the PS3 in the lounge as we use it for BluRay and Video/Photo streaming from our NAS.

The main PS3 won't be signed-in, so I assume that won't be a problem, but is it possible to copy game saves/profiles (ideally over the home network) so I can pickup where I left off from one to the other, or do I have to have to start a new game on the 2nd PS3?

I guess trophy hunting is not affected as it's linked to the PSN account?

payasyoutext

Yoggo,

I have 2 PS3's, One in the living room and one in the spare bedroom.

I have 3 accounts on the one and 3 accounts on the other (all the same PSN login names) and as long as one isn't logged in with the same name while the other is logged in.

It all works fine, obviously you will have to copy your save game data from one to the other each time you play a game on one then move to the other.

emcor99

Yoggo,

I have 2 PS3's, One in the living room and one in the spare bedroom.

I have 3 accounts on the one and 3 accounts on the other (all the same PSN login names) and as long as one isn't logged in with the same name while the other is logged in.

It all works fine, obviously you will have to copy your save game data from one to the other each time you play a game on one then move to the other.
I also have 2 PS3's, as the above says with out any problems with muliiple accounts.

But be warned that a lot of newer games, dont seem to allow you to copy your game data. This is really starting to get on my ###s:suicide:

x2srj

Plus games like Warhawk and SingStar won't allow you to download content to a 2nd PS3.... They're tied to one hardware ID

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom