• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multiple Processors

Is it possibe to fit two core duo processors in one computer? I'm looking to make a high performance computer and wondering if its possible.

thanks in advance

wiz

Distinguished Member
what application needs soooo much power??

Jaap74

Standard Member
why not just get a Quad Core chip ? theres a new cheaper variant out now

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Have a look at server hardware and motherboards. A lot of servers use 2, 4 or 8 CPUs. Vista will only support 2 CPUs, but Windows Server 2003 Standard edition will support 4.

it's not for a server I just want to build a stupidly fast pc with as much processing and ram power as possible

and its not for one particular application its just so that I never have to wait for anything to load again...looking to spend about 2k on the computer cause I was looking at getting one of those high performace dells but thought might be able ot make it myself

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom