1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Outputs - Plasma + Projector

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dirge, May 4, 2005.

1. dirge

dirge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm looking for a cheap amp that can output to a plasma screen or projector when needed. Both will be connected and would like to switch between then with a button press from the amp.

Inputs will be component from DVD and Sky+, speakers will be the Canton package with additional speakers to make up for 7.1 sound.

Could anyone let me know if this setup is possible? Or if there are any other more pratical options?

Just wanted a cheaper amp as it will be updated when hdmi connections become the norm and hdtv starts to take over.

cheers

2. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I dont no how cheap you are looking for but as far as i am aware you will not find anything under £1000 at the moment.

There a couple of threads on wanting this, and as i have posted J.S. Tech now sell an active component buffer, 1input 2output.

So input into the amp the dvd and sky output to the J.S. and then 2 leads from there to both your screen and projector. This is what i am about to do, Ciqala has also done the same. The box of tricks is £55 i believe and can be seen on there website.
    You still need to buy an amp though.

Hope this helps.

3. dirge

dirge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the fast reply mate. Your solution is great, found the link:

http://www.js-technology.com/produc...id=49&osCsid=eb8178ffc4040507c02280f046db3f03

Hope this is the right thing. However it's a shame another plug has to be used for the sake of having more than one display device. If anyone can recommend an amp let me know.

Can't see it costing the amp producers too much adding a button on the remote and a couple of extra outputs on the back.

4. Mr109

Mr109
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are amps that will output S-Video and component but a component DA is the way to go (how long will cables be?) also you may find that the denon amp as power outlets that could be used for the DA unit
    indeed the 2105 does have a 2 pin AC outlet that could power the DA (buffer) for an extra £50 i dont think you find a better solution....

6. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The only Amp i can find is the Denon AVC-A1XV which is slightly on the expensive side!!

7. dirge

dirge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for all your help lads, I'm going to be doing the living room up and really need to get everything straight in my head to get the right stuff and fit it correctly :thumbsup: seems this is the way to go.

thats the back of the denon, the strange plug at the side would work? I'd need another plug fitted to use it though yeah?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/avr2105-rear-1500x598.jpg

the cable length's would be around 4m to the plasma and 7m to the projector (very high ceilings)

I am thinking of the cheap yamaha 450, as it looks like it will do all I need and more atm.

8. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    You can do this with the Yamaha DSP-Z9, but it's not cheap either.

9. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,594
    dirge

AV Receivers with Multiple YUV Outputs are few and far between - the JS Technology 1:2 YUV Distribution amp is your best bet if you want a low cost solution.

The AC outlets on AV Receivers are generally disabled in UK/Euro models as its absent some electrical standard or other so you'll need that extra plug top after all.

The JS Technology box is 'passive' - both Outputs are always on there's no switching as such.

Best regards

Joe

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Joe i dont know about Pioneer but HK and Marrantz AC outlets work brilliantly.........dirge you just need a 2pin to Fig 8 cable..... not hard to find........but as joe suggests check the AC outlet works....