• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multiple Optical Digital Cables

topcatandy

Standard Member
O.K so here’s the thing. I have a sound bar connected to my TV via an Optical Digital cable which works great. My DVD player’s connected to my TV via HDMI which transmits Dolby Digital to my TV and then on to the sound bar so I get great virtual surround sound. Now here’s where things get confusing. My Sky+HD box is connected to the TV via HDMI but this does not transmit Doldy Digital. The only way to get Dolby from the sky box is via an optical digital cable to the sound bar but this port is already occupied by the TV. I’ve just requested a new box from Sky which will transmit Dolby via HDMI but knowing sky I’m not holding out much hope. I don’t want to have to keep unplugging and switch cables every time I switch from watching sky to a DVD or Xbox etc so I was wondering if anyone knows a solution to this.
Thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom