1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple live accounts on one xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by stephenc, Nov 15, 2004.

1. stephenc

stephenc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Is this possible?

I was trying to get around the Haol2 guest issue where only the training modes can be used with guests.

So, can I use the 2 month trial to create a second x-blox live account on my axbox for my mate and then login two different halo2 profiles using 2 different gamertags.

Can this be done?

Many thanks in advance,

Stephen / RustNeverSleeps

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    Absolutely, mate. I have both of my Live account details on both of my Xboxes, so I can use either whenever I connect. You can put them on a memory card too, and when connected is instantly recognised by the Xbox its plugged into.

Whether this means you can select other modes than Training with two Gamertags logged in, I've not tried yet...

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Why not play custom games with your guests ?? I have had quite a few people join our Av forums games with guests.

4. stephenc

stephenc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +379
    thanks guys,

I checked the offical XBL website and saw that this could be done..up to 8 accounts.

So, set one up and no issues whatsoever playing all the game types on Halo2...didn't make me any better though ;-)

Stephen.

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to highjack, but this is related.

Once a Live account is cancelled, is there any way to re-use it with a free Live trial coupon? For instance, when my 2 free months are up (that I got from Halo 2), and I buy a Live kit (getting another free year) can I continue to use the same Gamertag, or am I forced to sign up under a new name?

6. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    I'm not sure if I'm interpreting your question correctly, so apologies if not. But, you can extend your 2 month Live trial, ie. keep the Gamertag you started, with a starter kit code. Just go into the relevant dashboard option and enter the code. It will extend the expiry date by the 12 months too, not just give you 12 months from that date when you enter the code IYSWIM.

I'm pretty sure you can't use the 2 month trials for anything but creating a brand new gamertag, ie. you cannot reactivate an account with them, or there'd be nothing to stop you doing this continuously and never buying a subscription.

7. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, that makes sense. I had an expired Live account from my first starter kit, and I was unable to use it with my 2 month trial. So, when I get another starter kit, I should be able to extend either of my Live accounts.

Cheers.

8. glorius

glorius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guyz if this question i'm about to ask has already been answered sorry for wasting your time..my question is that if you have one xbox and have somebody that wants to go on xbox live but my account has already been set up can there be two at the same time or do i have to make another 2 month account?

9. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    For Halo 2? No - you don't need to set up another account, you can just log them in as a guest. Unless you want to do matchmaking, in which case you do have to have a separate gamertag.

10. glorius

glorius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^^i know that already i was jus asking if u can have more then one account on one xbox system

11. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    Well, I don't understand your question then. Its already been answered that you can have up to 8 Live accounts on any one Xbox... :confused: