1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple LCD's in a Cafe

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by galwaybhoy, Jun 15, 2005.

1. galwaybhoy

galwaybhoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

I am setting up a cafe and want to provide a service of multiple LCD screens, showing TV, DVD, etc. These LCD screens will be mounted on the wall with headphones attached so the customer can here the output.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what scfeens to use, how to split up the source signal between these screens, and how to mount these on the wall while protecting them from the wandering hands of the public?

I know this is quite alot to ask but I'm stuck at the moment..

Cheers...

Galwaybhoy

2. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I reckon you should wallmount high e.g. near to the ceiling with those mounts that come with a 360' ball joint (v cheap on ebay BTW). This will keep greasy fingers from the screens & buttons plus you can route the power & video cables through the ceiling? You could then run the headphone cables down the walls inside "stick-on" conduit. I would use a 2 metre headphone extension plus a 2M headphone so that if a customer gets snagged up it will snap out of the extension rather than the expensive telly ?

Good Luck !

:smashin:

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    On a non-technical note - don't forget that you will need a Performing Rights licence for these, and if you are showing DVD's this may not be enough to avoid copyright issues. Screens in a cafe qualify as a public performance, whether you are charging to watch or not. All you need is someone from the RIAA to pop in for a cuppa, and you could get a hefty fine :eek:

4. galwaybhoy

galwaybhoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys...that is some good advice. Do you have any advice ob what LCD screen (about 14 inch) would be the best purchase for something like this. These screens would be on all day every day for hours at an end...and would need to have TV, DVD and PC compatible connections...

Thanks again for your time guys..

Cheers...

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    do you want same content on all screens?

6. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Avoid LCDs with poor viewing angles as these will not be watchable when looking from below.

You might want to think about wireless infra-red headphones (as opposed to radio ones which might interfere with each other) which cost very little nowadays.

7. galwaybhoy

galwaybhoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah...i saw some LCD's which had really bad angles...does anyone have any suggestions for a good make and model that would be suitable for this....not too expensive though!!! :)

Also I would be looking to be able to have different content on each of the screens at the same time....that is one of the complications about this setup I'm afraid!!

8. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

Try the Sharp Aquos range.

I recently sold four of their LC13-SH1e models plus four DVD players and four pairs of headphones for a similar project.