Multiple Ipods on 1 account

saynor1106

Established Member
Reaction score
is it possible to put multiple Ipod touches onto my 1 ipod account. My 1st gen ipod touch 32gb and im just ordered 2 4th gen ipod touches for my kids 8gb.

whats the best way to manage them all. does the same music i have on my 1st gen have to be on the other new ipods too. or can i select what music goes on each ipod from my collection?

Can the Apps ive bought already on my account go on all 3 ipods?

Any help will be much appreciated

thanks

Yes, its no problem having multiple idevices syncing to the same library. You will be able to share anything in your library between all the devices.

For music, I setup different playlists for each device and sync only the appropriate playlist to the appropriate device. This allows you to easily manage different music on each device.

App sharing is fine as well, again you just select your sync settings for each device.

Yes, its no problem having multiple idevices syncing to the same library. You will be able to share anything in your library between all the devices.

For music, I setup different playlists for each device and sync only the appropriate playlist to the appropriate device. This allows you to easily manage different music on each device.

App sharing is fine as well, again you just select your sync settings for each device.

hi thanks for the reply,
so i have itunes with all my albums, apps etc already on my laptop i use for my ipod. when i connect the new ipods i can just choose what goes onto each 1 from my collection? rather than playlists, just choose the albums and apps my kids would like?

Yes you can do it that way, but the advantage of a playlist is that you can edit it whether the device is connected or not, with it updating next time you sync.

Just be careful with the naming.

If your name is Joe Bloggs, iTunes will name the iPad "Joe Bloggs iPod Touch" or whatever when you connect it. If you connect another iPod Touch, iTunes will still name it the same.

So, when you connect the first one, click on the name in the device list on the left and rename it to something different, then connect the next one and rename this as well and so on. If you dont do this, iTunes just keeps syncing all your iPods the same.

I have a personal iPhone and a work iPhone and had to do this to keep them separate, stops any confusion with what device is connected too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom