Multiple ipods connecting to 1 PC

interbear

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A question from an Ipod newbie.

Just treated myself to a new 4gen ipod touch, which is great. However, it has inspired both my wife and son to want ipods also. They will however be using the same PC. So, how does itunes on a PC deal with multiple devices? Having ripped all my CDs to MP3 using itunes, can they pick and choose which CDs they'd like on their ipod. If they buy apps, how does itunes differentiate between different users etc?

Is it a simple case of setting up different itunes accounts and each of us having to log in when syncing?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

You can connect as many ipods (iphones, ipads as well) to a single itunes library as you want. Just setup different playlists for each device if you want different music on each one. Apps can be shared across all compatible devices by keeping them all on the same account (you can do it via different accounts but it becomes very messy for upgrades of apps).

Thanks, appreciate the response. Good suggestion re Apps, that means I only need to buy them once but can put them on multiple devices.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom